Contagion (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
It's more dumb and misleading imo when they show the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER or the PRODUCER in the trailers like they did with that shit movie produced by James Cameron or like they do it with TF3 and Steven Spielberg... that is dumb... because at the end the producers just support the production but they don't really get involved in the product. :| Many people see producers as directors which is wrong. I've heard someone saying " TF3 is also directed by Spielberg" lol
Well producers are often heavily involved, but executive producers are pretty much just a title. That's the difference between Super 8 and TF3. On Super 8 Spielberg produced, and on Transformers he is an executive producer.

theweatherman wrote:
RIFA wrote:
It's more dumb and misleading imo when they show the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER or the PRODUCER in the trailers like they did with that shit movie produced by James Cameron or like they do it with TF3 and Steven Spielberg... that is dumb... because at the end the producers just support the production but they don't really get involved in the product. :| Many people see producers as directors which is wrong. I've heard someone saying " TF3 is also directed by Spielberg" lol
Well producers are often heavily involved, but executive producers are pretty much just a title. That's the difference between Super 8 and TF3. On Super 8 Spielberg produced, and on Transformers he is an executive producer.
yep that's why I mentioned executive-producers first. imo it's annoying as hell... :lol: but even the producers they only take decision as far as what they want from a marketing/management standpoint of the resources they have, from a visual standpoint, from a standpoint of the message or theme they wanna see. Everything else is director's job.

RIFA wrote:
yep that's why I mentioned executive-producers first. imo it's annoying as hell... :lol: but even the producers they only take decision as far as what they want from a marketing/management standpoint of the resources they have, from a visual standpoint, from a standpoint of the message or theme they wanna see. Everything else is director's job.
Well that depends on the Producer and the Director. I'm pretty sure Speilberg was pretty involved in the production of Super 8. It was JJ's show, but Spielberg definitely had his say. Or at least that's what I understood.

you want to know what's dumb? I'll tell you what's dumb. the fact that no company would ever mention anything about the writers in their advertisement. and they shouldn't because obviously most audience don't care a lot about them. and that's a stupid fact. people who mostly have the most important parts in halywood projects get the minimum attentions.
the only thing I cared after watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was the name of the writer. that movie didn't make me to trust Gondry or Jimm Carrey or Winslet more than before. Charlie Kaufman was the only guy who got my attention.

actually there is known within the critics world that the most important award is the "writing" award. in general, with no good writing you have no good movie. :lol:

RIFA wrote:actually there is known within the critics world that the most important award is the "writing" award. in general, with no good writing you have no good movie. :lol:
+1000
And apart from the matter of how important the writing process is for a movie, it is also the most creative part of the movie making process.
The directing styles barely gets old or cliched. but writers always have to come with new stuffs.

Oh, rad. I expect this to be a blast.

-Vader

the film is a taut, thrilling and all-too-plausible and frightening screenplay that is a “Traffic”-like sprawling film about the ramifications of the spread of a global virus. Earlier in the year, Soderbergh called it a “horror” film and he wasn’t messing around.

A reader recently caught a test screening for the film and sent us their reactions saying it was “incredibly intense, disturbing and way too feasible to not feel slightly sick to your stomach the whole time.” They said that “the uneasiness that the film creates is similar to that while reading ‘The Road,’ in that the horror comes from the situation, but also the truths in what this type of situation can bring out in human nature.” With multiple storylines, our source told us, “this is just great storytelling. There are several complicated pieces to the puzzle and everyone is making ethically questionable decisions, yet the virus itself makes for a sinister enough antagonist that there’s still a clear foe to be fought.” Sounds intense. They also mentioned that audience members gasped at certain points during the film and that it left you wanting to reach for some hand-sanitizer so yeah, we can’t wait to see this for ourselves.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... ves_up_to/

Also mentions trailer will likely be hitting this week. :thumbup:

“Traffic”-like sprawling film
:neutral: Other then that though sounds good. I just was not a fan of Traffic.