Contagion (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This film is directed Steven Soderbergh and Stars Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Here is the plot description- An action-thriller centered on the threat posed by a deadly disease and an international team of doctors contracted by the CDC to deal with the outbreak.

Steven Soderbergh is the most overrated director in Hollywood in my opinion. I'll check this out for Marion and Kate though.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Image
What is this I don't even-

Soderbergh is supposedly peacing quite soon, so lets see how this one turns out.

RomanM wrote:Soderbergh is supposedly peacing quite soon, so lets see how this one turns out.
Yeah after this he is doing a film with Damon and Michael Douglas and then supposedly a film with George Clooney.

Honestly, this seems more like a movie where you wonder how this great cast got stuck in such a bad movie. The oceans films were good, not great, but nothing else he's done I find worth mentioning.

Vader182 wrote:Honestly, this seems more like a movie where you wonder how this great cast got stuck in such a bad movie. The oceans films were good, not great, but nothing else he's done I find worth mentioning.
It is true nothing special about Soderbergh, like you said Oceans 11 was good not great. That is the only one I saw of the series but it is considered easily the best. Traffic has got be one of the most over rated films of all time as well. Everything else I have seen is mediocre. Also the script for this is not that good, the charcters are very weak especially Kate Winslet, Matt Damon, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

I'll see it for the cast.

allstarr55js wrote:Steven Soderbergh is the most overrated director in Hollywood in my opinion.
Hmm Traffic and Che are incredible movies... what are you talking about?