Contagion (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:It is also so dumb how they always bill Damon as an oscar winner for films he is just acting in. He won his oscar for writing people! Misleading lol.
It isn't dumb. It's smart advertising.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:It is also so dumb how they always bill Damon as an oscar winner for films he is just acting in. He won his oscar for writing people! Misleading lol.
It is misleading, it should not be allowed.

allstarr55js wrote:It is misleading, it should not be allowed.
It's misleading, but it certainly isn't dumb.

allstarr55js wrote:It is misleading, it should not be allowed.
It's misleading, but it certainly isn't dumb.
I think it is dumb.

How is it dumb from a marketing standpoint? If the average slob sees a trailer with Matt Damon that says "Oscar Winner" they may be more interested in seeing it. If you have the ability to label him an Oscar Winner why wouldn't you?

I do not think it is dumb from a marketing standpoint, I think it is dumb that they really think they need be misleading. They should not have the ability to do it because it is false advertising in my opinion.
Last edited by Allstar on June 21st, 2011, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you do a good trailer for a shit movie then technically it's misleading (ex. TF3, probably). I wouldn't draw the line at oscar winner matt damon.

He is an Oscar winner after all. They have every right to put it in.

Wow, we're really running out of things to debate about.

-Vader

allstarr55js wrote: It is also so dumb how they always bill Damon as an oscar winner for films he is just acting in. He won his oscar for writing people! Misleading lol.
It's more dumb and misleading imo when they show the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER or the PRODUCER in the trailers like they did with that shit movie produced by James Cameron or like they do it with TF3 and Steven Spielberg... that is dumb... because at the end the producers just support the production but they don't really get involved in the product. :| Many people see producers as directors which is wrong. I've heard someone saying " TF3 is also directed by Spielberg" lol