Contagion (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:Because you let the reviews affect you. So do not say "fuck the reviews" unless you back it up.
I'm not totally serious when I say fuck the reviews. If a film gets bad reviews I will most likely skip it until I can see it for free, but I really don't take reviews anymore serious than other people's opinions. They're tons of films I have seen that got bad reviews that I really enjoy.
Word... but I would not delay watching one of my favorite actors films even if it got bad reviews, once it was available for free, I would watch it immediately but that is just me.

allstarr55js wrote:Word... but I would not delay watching one of my favorite actors films even if it got bad reviews, once it was available for free, I would watch it immediately but that is just me.
And it's not like Hereafter is the only one I haven't seen. I'm still planning to see The Talented Mr. Ripley which a lot of people say is great and Damon gives a phenomenal performance. Still need to see The Good Shepherd, Syriana and a couple of other ones. So it's not just the reviews that have been holding me off... I will get around to it soon enough though.

Been burned more than a few times these past couple years regarding reviews. Some stuff winded up with a higher aggregate than I thought they deserved after viewing them, and some other films were better than Rotten Tomatoes would have you believe...so I've been paying less attention to sites like that and Metacritic...not wanting to go too off-topic here. :P

theres like 20 clips out on yahoo. and they all are underwhelming. Just like Haywire, this film just seems to be unnecessary.

talli wrote:theres like 20 clips out on yahoo. and they all are underwhelming. Just like Haywire, this film just seems to be unnecessary.
Talli, I missed your silly comments. :-D

So the early buzz from Venice was rather good.

Edit- I actually only saw 2 reviews so far but still.