Chernobyl (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Can't believe this is from the dude who wrote a bunch of Scary Movie and Hangover flicks

This would have been perfect as part of "The Terror" series.

LEXX wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 3:23 pm
This would have been perfect as part of "The Terror" series.
prince0gotham wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:34 am
Anyway, I think it's pretty amazing, pretty much The Terror S2 (can't wait for the actual S2 tho). Especially if you're from my corner of Europe you'll find it that much more haunting.

I keep seeing the Terror mentioned here and elsewhere, but I’ve never heard of it. Is it worth checking out?

It's amazing, very similar in many ways, very atmospheric, etc etc. Basically Alien and Master and commander in one show. Harris and the guy who plays Ignatenko are at their top there, Menzies and king of wildlings guy too.

prince0gotham wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 4:58 am
It's amazing, very similar in many ways, very atmospheric, etc etc. Basically Alien and Master and commander in one show. Harris and the guy who plays Ignatenko are at their top there, Menzies and king of wildlings guy too.
okay what the heck i need to see this then

As I feared, the second episode didn't grab my attention as much as the first. They had some tense moments in there, especially with the helicopter scene and the ending but the "fallout" (pun intended, sue me) of the events of the first episode was just moderately engaging and the pacing dragged. Hopefully episode 3 will bounce back with some clever revelations.

The Alien comparison is truly spot-on, though.

I just saw the first two episodes

This is top-tier, I love every second of it

I know I'm quite late but holy shit

episode 3
it's one thing knowing what that amount of radiation does to your body but to see that live-like make-up work.... Thought I was witnessing the real thing. It's harrowing.

Finished episode 3 minutes ago. If the first one is like a horror film, this one was just so emotionally overwhelming.
When they showed Ignatenko at his worst state, I just... started crying. As their graves got filled with concrete, I couldn’t shake his last words to his wife like ‘oh it’s just a stinky fire nbd’ out of my mind. Fuck this shit, I just can’t even imagine what it would’ve been like. This is just way too horrible.
That is a lot to take in. I’m from around “that” corner of Europe, I obviously knew of Chernobyl for so long, but I wasn’t aware of certain details, people and their stories, and just being exposed to that visually in such raw form is so upsetting.

I know I’m like really whiny and sensitive in general, but it’s been a while something actually left me feeling like I was continuously being punched in the gut.