The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield are on board to star in the Fox Searchlight biopic “The Eyes of Tammy Faye” with “The Big Sick” director Michael Showalter on board to helm.

Based on the documentary “The Eyes of Tammy Faye,” directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato from World of Wonder, the film tells the extraordinary and outlandish rise, fall and redemption of televangelists Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, played by Garfield and Chastain. In the 1970s and ’80s, Tammy Faye and Jim rose from humble beginnings to create the world’s largest religious broadcasting network and a theme park, and were revered for their message of love, acceptance and prosperity. Tammy Faye was legendary for her indelible eyelashes, her idiosyncratic singing, and her eagerness to embrace people from all walks of life. However, it wasn’t long before financial improprieties, scheming rivals, and sexual scandal tore their marriage apart and toppled their carefully constructed empire.

Abe Sylvia penned the script.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jess ... 203210367/

Y'all, I'm legit so excited for this. I love Chastain, Garfield, and Showalter (y'all need to watch Hello My Name is Doris like yesterday. Such a sweet little movie) and omg I would watch Tammy Faye sometimes when growing up. This lady and her story....whew boy. And let's not forget those eyelashes that put Kim Kardashian to shame.

I'm already pre-ordering my tickets for this. My ass is there opening day.

Update! Chastain is singing her own songs for this!
The shoot probably won’t be as messy on her next film, a biopic about Tammy Faye Bakker, the colorful televangelist who ran a worldwide ministry alongside her husband, Jim Bakker, before it crumbled in the late 1980s amid sex, drug and financial scandals.

Chastain stars as Tammy Faye opposite Andrew Garfield as her husband.

The film will mark Chastain’s big-screen singing debut when she belts out Tammy Faye’s signature gospel tunes, and she’s already completed the pre-records.

“I did seven songs,” Chastain revealed. “I worked with Dave Cobb, who’s the producer who did the ‘A Star Is Born’ [soundtrack]. That was super scary.”

The film is based on “The Eyes of Tammy Faye,” Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato’s 2000 documentary that was narrated by RuPaul. “I got the rights to play her in 2012 after ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ came out,” Chastain said. “I re-watched the documentary when it was on TV and I was like, ‘Why hasn’t anyone done a movie about her?’ So, I bought the rights for, I think it was like $5,000 [when] I didn’t have a production company or anything and then worked forever to try to get it to happen and now it’s happening.”

Hallelujah!
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jess ... 203317701/