Nightmare Alley (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 8:34 pm
and honestly, i'd love to see JJ branch out to more dynamic projects totally unlike his other work. Whether it's this or something else down the road.

-Vader
You think he’s capable? I don’t mean this an a douchey way but he is unproven to do this type of project. He’s yet to try to be Spielberg in that regard....maybe for a reason, maybe not.

Vader182 wrote:
are we sure this isn't cil

and honestly, i'd love to see JJ branch out to more dynamic projects totally unlike his other work. Whether it's this or something else down the road.

-Vader
maybe C8? bihh hasn't been here a whole lot

well [insert the real account] is making Nisthopher Colon happen so it's happening

Nomis wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 12:32 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
i can say with absolute authority if he wanted to troll people he'd just use his regular account lol

-Vader

Nomis wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 12:47 pm
well [insert the real account] is making Nisthopher Colon happen so it's happening

Vader182 wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 1:00 pm
Nomis wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 12:32 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
i can say with absolute authority if he wanted to troll people he'd just use his regular account lol

-Vader
:lol:

Ace
Cate Blanchett Eyes Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Nightmare Alley’
Cate Blanchett is in talks to star opposite Bradley Cooper in Guillermo del Toro and Fox Searchlight’s adaptation of “Nightmare Alley.”

The production is eyeing a shooting start at the top of 2020.

While Fox made a “Nightmare Alley” movie in 1947, this film will be based moreso on the William Lindsay Gresham novel of the same name. The 1947 movie starred Tyrone Power as an ambitious young con-man who teams up with a female psychiatrist who is even more corrupt than he is. At first, they enjoy success fleecing people with their mentalist act, but then she turns the tables on him, out-manipulating the manipulator.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/cate ... 203289472/

I feel like this is going to be a shitshow. Even though it somehow won major Oscars, The Shape of Water was so bad.

Ace
Sources tell Collider that Toni Collette, hot off Hereditary, is poised to play the female lead opposite Cooper, and that she’ll likely be joined by del Toro’s Shape of Water star Richard Jenkins, as well as his very own Hellboy hero, Ron Perlman. Meanwhile, Willem Dafoe is also in line to co-star, as is Mark Povinelli from Water for Elephants.

Elsewhere, two-time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are also being eyed for key supporting roles, though as you might imagine, their deals may be a little harder to make than those listed above. And finally, Michael Shannon, who co-starred in The Shape of Water, is also being eyed for a small role, though scheduling may pose a problem in his case.
http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro- ... ce=twitter