Greatest TV Show of All-Time (Poll)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Greatest TV Show of All-Time-Poll

Breaking Bad
16%
Game of Thrones
10%
Sopranos
19%
The Wire
16%
Other
39%

Total votes: 31

- Breaking Bad
- Lost
- House
- The Office
Last edited by atilasantos on April 29th, 2019, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If we don't count the last two seasons without Michael Scott then I'd say it's The Office, hands down.

But if we're counting everything then so far it's gotta be Breaking Bad. The most steadily satisfying show with an almost perfect ending. However, it all depends on how GoT closes its series. If the ending is not a complete failure and it's satisfying enough, I'd say this would be the overall best show.

Some honorable mentions: Black Mirror, The Twilight Zone, Friends and Cosmos.

Well, it sure isn't Game of Thrones

The Leftovers remains my favorite.

LelekPL wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 2:39 am
If we don't count the last two seasons without Michael Scott then I'd say it's The Office, hands down.
Try the original UK version of The Office. It is a masterpiece in itself - 12 episodes, that's it. No need to "omit the last two seasons" because it's perfect from start to finish - even the Christmas episode is moving as hell. And while you're at it, watch Extras.

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 8:45 am
LelekPL wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 2:39 am
Try the original UK version of The Office. It is a masterpiece in itself - 12 episodes, that's it. No need to "omit the last two seasons" because it's perfect from start to finish - even the Christmas episode is moving as hell. And while you're at it, watch Extras.
I've watched the British version. It is more consistent for sure, but it's nowhere near as funny or emotional as the American version. It relies mostly on awkwardness and realism, while the American version adds some much needed heart to it. So it depends on what you prefer.

Still, Steve Carell is a much better actor in the lead role. Ricky is a better comedian when it comes to writing, there's no doubt about it, but he doesn't have the acting chops or the delivery.

Extras is great and I love it. Probably more than the UK's Office.

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 1:53 pm
Demoph wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 4:58 am
Numbers wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 7:37 pm
Seinfeld
Yes, from season 3 to 7, it's the best. Also, if we go to comedy, then let's go to England: Fawlty Towers and the season 3 and 4 of Blackadder are terribly funny. Blackadder's last episode is a masterpiece imo.
Of course classic English comedies are in their own league, but I would also suggest modern, British comedy classics as well: The Office and Extras from the Merchant-Gervais duo. Timeless masterpieces!
I'd throw in The IT Crowd.