Euphoria (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Hm... That makes me a little less enthusiastic...

Nomis wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 8:23 am
Hm... That makes me a little less enthusiastic...
If that changes anything, he's not 100% right :P

:lol:

I only watched the first episode and it's trashy af.

I'm two episodes in and I must admit I kinda like it. Yeah, it's rather pretentious here and there and a bit soapy, but still. The performances are pretty good. Must admit I'm already way more looking forward to Zendaya's work in Dune than I was before. She's really flexing her acting muscles here and it's very convincing and sympathetic, even though the character she plays doesn't come across as such all the time.

I'll definitely finish watching this season.

Binge watched some of this today. Very trashy, tries too hard to be smart, and some parts drag so much.

The acting is good though. The cast is great.

All caught up now and my thoughts are more or less the same. Trashy show with some nice cinematography I guess.

I feel like after 7 episodes I still don't really know any of the characters. The show has such a large cast but the scenes are structured like montages and not like actual scenes that are allowed to breathe. Compared to another ensemble show like Mad Men, Euphoria does a bad job at fleshing out the characters and giving their screen time purpose.

Yes strobe lighting and fast cuts are cool for the generation who can't take their eyes off their telephones but it really makes the stories and the characters suffer.

lmao I'm taking summer classes to help with the load, and I literally just finished writing a short 8-page paper on this series for a seminar on youth culture in cinema.

It was a prob a mistake to choose this as my main focus, but i kinda rushed my paper proposal last minute, so i got stuck with it.

Numbers wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 4:23 am
lmao I'm taking summer classes to help with the load, and I literally just finished writing a short 8-page paper on this series for a seminar on youth culture in cinema.

It was a prob a mistake to choose this as my main focus, but i kinda rushed my paper proposal last minute, so i got stuck with it.
Would you mind PM'ing it to me? I'd like to read what you wrote.