Parasite (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
First poster and teaser for the next Bong Joon-Ho !! Can't wait :
https://www.vitalthrills.com/2019/04/08 ... -parasite/
South Korea filmmaker Bong Joon-ho is back with the first trailer and poster for Parasite, which NEON will release in North America. The drama marks Bong’s comeback to Korean-language film following Okja and Snowpiercer, and his fourth collaboration with Song Kang-ho (Snowpiercer, The Host, Memories of Murder), who stars in the film.

Parasite marks the fifth collaboration with NEON CEO, Tom Quinn, and director Bong Joon-ho.

Written by Bong, Parasite is a peculiar tale about two families who are worlds apart yet somewhat alike, portraying a striking reality of the world we live in. The film also stars Lee Sun-kyun (A Hard Day, Our Sunhi), Cho Yeo-jeong (Obsessed), Choi Woo-shik (Okja, Train to Busan), Park So-dam (The Priests), and Chang Hyae-jin (Poetry).

I watched his entire filmography last year. By far my favorite foreign filmmaker

His films have a perfect combination of entertaining and arthouse cinema. And they're always stunning to look at.

Top 3 most anticipated this year for sure.

Well, that's quite a masterpiece! Joon-Ho asked people not to spoil the film, and you should indeed see it first without knowing anything about it. Just to experience it that way. But at the same time, I think you can still see it's a masterpiece even if you know too much about the plot.
It's hard to say how much I loved the film without giving anything away. Let's say that after one hour, I thought it was perfect, and the best had yet to happen.

An engrossing study of the divides between class, and the battle royale that ensues within them. It's hysterical, layered with commentary, yet has enough respect for these groups of people to know where to create these farcical moments that highlight the disparity in wealth.

Just saw this, and this is the first Bong Joon-ho film I ever saw. Enjoyed it.
It's darkly funny, but I wish there were more closure for the rich family, especially for the mother.

This is fucking extraordinary. Probably my favorite Bong and my favorite of the year.

Will talk more when others see it, but just know it's out there and with perfect subs

A fantastic film. PLEASE save your first watch for the theatrical experience. It’s worth it.

Ace

Ace wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:08 am
me gusta me gusta me gusta

You start thinking this is going to be this one thing.
It’s not, it takes many different forms by the end.
A masterpiece for sure.