Parasite (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Capitalism even defeated Bong huh?
jk

Why did you decide to turn Parasite into a series with HBO?

With cinema, you're limited to a two-hour running time. But there were so many stories that I thought of that could happen in between the sequences you see in the film, and some background stories for each character. I really wanted to explore those ideas freely with a five- or six-hour film. You know, with Bergman's Fanny and Alexander, there's a theatrical version and there's a TV version. So with the TV series for Parasite, I think we'll be able to create a high-quality, expanded film.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ium=social

Must say it sounds intriguing.

I'm open to this. A lot. The israelian "BeTipul" was adapted not only into the pretty successful HBO's "In Treatment" but in 13 other countries as well, and a lot of them are good. There's always something lost of course but by design both this and BeTipul address subjects universally relevant across most cultures. With some adjustments the thing can be made HBO's own and thus work well. (Here's a great in-depth analysis of the cultural (context) and therapy differences between BeTipul and In Treatment, if anyone's interested: http://www.kino-glaz.de/archives/1282)

Anyway, my point is, the original is stuffed to the brim so operatically that there's easily material for a whole mini-series, besides, it's just so relevant.

prince0gotham wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 8:36 am
I'm open to this. A lot. The israelian "BeTipul" was adapted not only into the pretty successful HBO's "In Treatment" but in 13 other countries as well, and a lot of them are good. There's always something lost of course but by design both this and BeTipul address subjects universally relevant across most cultures. With some adjustments the thing can be made HBO's own and thus work well. (Here's a great in-depth analysis of the cultural (context) and therapy differences between BeTipul and In Treatment, if anyone's interested: http://www.kino-glaz.de/archives/1282)

Anyway, my point is, the original is stuffed to the brim so operatically that there's easily material for a whole mini-series, besides, it's just so relevant.
what are your BeTipul/spinoff power rankings?

bruh this is moving too fast

Not fast enough I need it yesterday
que Görannson's Tenet score

Michael Shannon for
basement guy cmon
Last edited by Nomis on February 10th, 2020, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lol

I feel like Shannon can play any of the
three middle aged
dudes and make it work.