Parasite (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What a cute video.

So this was a pretty standard commercial melodrama. The way it was shot and acted, reminded me of many movies that have attempted to become mainstream hits here in the States, with a fairly familiar template and few grim elements. Great trailers again, I thought it was going to be an original psychological thriller.

won’t say anything others haven’t already said - it’s a masterpiece

YOU WATCHED IT

Nomis wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 4:07 pm
YOU WATCHED IT
on my tv, yes lmao. i have a weak spirit but this was still likely months away

i’ll watch it again in theaters if/when it comes out.

lol I don't blame you
didn't you just got a mental breakdown when the previous housekeeper came back? I was like yo wtf I'm scared shitless and it only got more bizarre from there

hot take ranking of S Korea's latest masterpieces

1.) The Handmaiden
2.) Burning
3.) Parasite

all are amazing ofc

PS glad ruth finally saw this as she deserves it

-Vader

More like 1. Parasite 2. Burning 3. The Wailing 4. The Handmaiden

Although, maybe Parasite and Burning are both 1 for me. I think both of them are masterpieces, right from the get go but the longer I think about them the better they get, although both for different reasons. Parasite is social-commentary/satire/thriller and Burning is more philosophical and turned more inwards and about ones perception of the outside world. Both such rich themes and they're explored in such engaging ways. Top-tier stuff imo.

1 - Parasite | 2 - The Handmaiden | 3 - Burning

Saw it, loved it, really loved it, ...that is until
the birthday scene, it felt like the film was trying to make some sort of pirouette, a very risky, left field one, and it tumbled across the floor once it landed in my opinion, the ending itself was great, but the way the film made those final steps towards it, it failed for me, it could have had a way more subdued ending and it would have been perfect for me, kinda like the very end of Sicario, i still really like it, but i dont love it.

PD: The flood scene, is one of the reasons i watch movies, powerful stuff :clap:
Last edited by Nomis on January 19th, 2020, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags!