Parasite (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
uuuughhh

Ruth wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 5:44 am
honestly i'm just obsessively checking the release dates every week or so hoping i'd see my country added to the list and having SOME sort of a limited release, but alas

it's such a shame because i feel like it's beyond stupid to wait another 6 months before i can *possibly* catch it in a local festival, but i really wanted to see it in theaters. I feel like this was the one that could've possibly topped Hollywood as my favorite 2019 film.
My advice: sacrifice all your money and go see it abroad. The film will give you advice on how to make your money back, so it's a win-win.
More seriously, the film will still be a masterpiece on TV, or even a smartphone.

Forum Pro
Law
Bout to see this

Forum Pro
Law
So this was ... a trip

It's not really a spoiler but,
the scene that tore me up the most was when Mr. Park was describing the way Mr. Kim smelled, and the camera was lingering over Kim.. I really felt his pain there. Great acting/camera work

This was pretty damn good. Great characters, spellbinding plot with lots of unexpected turns, excellent commentary on class and what it can turn people into, and a nice mix of dark comedy and drama. There was a constant under current of tension that kept building up nicely. Really well played. I did have some issues with the narrative choices of the writer/director. I honestly think that
it would have been better if the son had died from the head injury. I understand the point of keeping him alive, and having a plan and a dream. It's a nice bookend and nod to the father's speech about plans and a great commentary about class and the dreams of pulling family out of situations once we make it, but I would have loved a dark ending with a dead son and a dad on the run too. That would have made an interesting message of its own. Also, I just felt it would have been more believable after that kind of blunt head trauma. I also thought that the morse code letter was a bit far-fetched, but it didn't ruin the story for me.

I love how the father sniffing while picking up the keys is what made the other dad snap.
Overall, I'd give this a 9 out of 10. One of the best movies I've seen all year.

uuuughhhguuugh

This is showing nowhere near me and I hate it.

Probably seeing The Lighthouse tomorrow, though.

well if people keep going and it keeps making money, it'll keep expanding. This is the widest release of a foreign movie in forever.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 7:01 pm
well if people keep going and it keeps making money, it'll keep expanding. This is the widest release of a foreign movie in forever.

-Vader
I'm hoping. Ideally, I'd love to see The Lighthouse, this, and The Irishman all in theaters, but I'm not certain on the last two.