The Goldfinch (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Based upon Donna Tartt's novel which won the Pulitzer Prize. The book is a coming of age tale told from the perspective of Theodore Decker who survives a terrorist attack at an art museum.

Footage was shown at Cinemacon on the 2nd and some are saying the adaptation looks like it'll be faithful to the book.
It’s not that Donna Tartt’s Pulitzer Prize-winning 2014 novel “The Goldfinch” is unfilmable, but it’s more a question of, well, who would want to? Tartt’s time- and place-spanning epic ostensibly follows one spectacularly ill-fated boy (or is he?) across a tragic childhood and into an adulthood marked by love, loss, and a little bit of classic art theft. It’s wonderful on the page, but it’s also meaty, dense, twisty, and complicated. In short, tough stuff for a 120-minute runtime.

And yet “Brooklyn” and “Boy A” filmmaker John Crowley took on the task of turning it into a feature film, another complex adaptation for a director who excels at them. Bolstered by a script from Peter Straughan and featuring a stacked cast that includes Ansel Elgort as lead Theo, Oakes Fegley as the younger version of him, Sarah Paulson, Nicole Kidman, Finn Wolfhard, Luke Wilson, Aneurin Barnard, Jeffrey Wright, Ashleigh Cummings, Denis O’Hare, and Willa Fitzgerald, a first look at the final film promised a real treat for book lovers.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/the-g ... 202055470/

It's probably one of my favorite books of all time so I hope the film delivers.

Most importantly the Deak is lensing

in for the Deak alone

ArmandFancypants wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Most importantly the Deak is lensing
Nomis wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 12:23 pm
in for the Deak alone
okay r/movies :P

bow down to the deak

Seems very interesting and the cinematography is gorgeous.

also

dat cast

I’m not crying you’re crying

I’m so excited for this. The trailer was so beautiful. But more than me liking this, I hope Donna Tartt likes it. It was gossip amongst the literary crowd that she parted ways with her long time agent because her agent didn’t get her a consultation role for the film.

The trailer looks great and the cast is perfect so hoping for the best for this. Will be re reading the book soon.