The Goldfinch (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think I'm even more interested in this now lol

I'm comparing to the book a lot, but this could have been better.

The book is close to 800 pages so condensing it into a 2.5 hour movie is a tough task, but they adapted the basic bare bones of the novel. None of beauty was there, none of the gravitas.

And it sucks because the cast is actually super talented and they play their parts well, but none of the rich text really translates onto screen.

And now we go through this again when The Secret History eventually gets adapted.

how was the deaks work

It was good. I enjoyed his contribution and the set design a lot.

WB just dropped the biggest bomb of 2019 in over 2,500+ theaters, as THE GOLDFINCH flew into box office oblivion with a debut of just $2.6M...on a $45M budget.
lmao

WB is somehow surviving quite a shitty year. And they are releasing Kongzilla + Dune and Tenet next year. All gigantic risks. Damn.

Almost all their movies either bombed completely or underperformed a lot (a Pokemon movie should have easily made a billion. Like come on it's Pokemon).

I think Tenet for sure will be successful. Idk about the other two.

They have Wonder Woman sequel which will likely be the highest grossing movie next year and the only thing that looks like a lock for a billion.

Damn I forgot the sequel was coming out. But yeah hopefully that can do well.

maybe they'll gain some award nominations/wins for several of their film. Joker already won the Golden Lion in Venice