The Goldfinch (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oh wow lmao, whew, was gonna see this..
Would've been annoyed if I had to sit through 150 mins of snooze.

I'm still seeing it Saturday and will report back.

If people are considering skipping this movie, at least read the book please. It is incredible. Dense beautiful language, compelling characters, and a poetic dreaminess about the importance of beautiful objects and how it connects all of us.

Forum Pro
Law
I just watched the trailer strictly for Deakins and got damn that man is a God. Probably will never see it though

Artemis wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 10:31 pm
If people are considering skipping this movie, at least read the book please. It is incredible. Dense beautiful language, compelling characters, and a poetic dreaminess about the importance of beautiful objects and how it connects all of us.
It's on my list of books to read, but the queue rn is long as fuck lol

Really surprised considering how good the trailers are. But the fact that there was so little buzz before the reviews dropped for a film that opens this week was a big warning sign I guess. I guess for Deakins to sign on, the script had to be strong, did it fall apart in the edit?

Jax_Teller wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 2:55 am
Really surprised considering how good the trailers are. But the fact that there was so little buzz before the reviews dropped for a film that opens this week was a big warning sign I guess. I guess for Deakins to sign on, the script had to be strong, did it fall apart in the edit?
Are you ever going to change that avatar? lol

Why would I?

Artemis wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 9:00 pm
WB should just stick to making clown movies instead of tackling Pulitzer Prize novels tbh.
I mean, there are some positive reviews...
LOL

LelekPL wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 4:48 am
Artemis wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 9:00 pm
WB should just stick to making clown movies instead of tackling Pulitzer Prize novels tbh.
I mean, there are some positive reviews...
LOL
I want to know what books this guy likes now. My money is on Brandon Sanderson and Jim Butcher.