The Goldfinch (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yep, this does look incredible. Feels a little bit like Lion, just without Google Maps, and I'm guessing that Kidman will playing a similar role.

Yo I didn't realize Deakins shot this! No wonder why it looked so beautiful. Plus, I have a thing for the 1.85:1 / spherical / shallow depth of field look. (Prisoners is another example - stunning photography).

shiny

Deakins :twothumbsup:

I'm so excited for this I can't wait.

The cast is so great and I think they are all such a perfect match for the characters. I hope Donna Tartt loves this film.

I am so freaking excited for this

There will be before The Goldfinch. And there will be after The Goldfinch. I don't know if the world is ready for this movie. Or maybe it is? It is GNARLY. It is crazy. It is audacious. It doesn't hold back. Wow. I can't believe it exists. But it does. And it's coming.
smh we should be talking about this movie more than joker.

Hello yes waiter, may I have a plate of crow please with a side of crow for dinner tonight?

This is getting fucking trashed at TIFF holy fucking shit.

WB should just stick to making clown movies instead of tackling Pulitzer Prize novels tbh.

It was that second trailer that had me worried, especially since the first one was incredible. Guess I'll give this one a miss.

Yeah the first trailer was definitley way better and the HBO first look was great too.

I'm just kind of upset since this is my favorite novel and one of my most anticipated movies since the news was announced. It sucks it's getting this kind of reception. At least I always have the book.