Gemini Man (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 11:56 pm
I don't think this looks bad? A lot of it looks like it has Mann's HD aesthetic, which I've grown partial too.

Hopefully this isn't bad.

-Vader
Havoc1st wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:06 am
It doesn't look bad. It just looks nothing interesting.
Agree with both of you. I'm hoping this is one of those trailers when you look back on it that is 'this is the first trailer that didn't give a lot away/wasn't interesting and the subsequent trailers and movie itself was actually better' kind of things.

LEXX wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 1:38 pm
Action scenes actually look pretty good. Unfortunately I'm still not a fan of the high frame rate.

The cinematography isn't helping, like in Billy Lynn... And also why couldn't they just... Not animate Smith's eyes? Given what they can do I wonder if that would've been too difficult.

I don't mind the HFR, I think it's just not been fully developed well or how they've figured out how to work with it. 120FPS is a lot though, I think 48 like with The Hobbit was good enough.

Would actually be nice if a theater in my country could handle the 120FPS tho lol they did screen all three Hobbit films in HFR.

yea i'd love to actually see this at 120. curious how many projectors can actually handle it

maybe only one lol

Ace

International trailer

At least the international trailer's less messy.

Interesting but I wished this was more sci-fi.

Nomis wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm
Even the 24FPS blu-ray was way too smooth. I think 60FPS is the highest they should go when it comes to convincing HFR... 120 is just too much. Also, aren't there one like a handful of theaters worldwide who can screen it in 4K/120FPS/3D? Doubt any of those are even in Europe.

Also yeah, 3D looks a lot more pleasing in HFR but it still does not make me care for it. I hope Lee goes more experimental with his direction and framing like he was with Life of Pie rather than with Long Halftime Walk.

Looking forward to Smith's performance though.
I don't think framerate actually matters nearly as much as people believe. It's jarring because people are unused to it. Just like if sound was realistically designed, only coming from the camera's perspective, even if extremely high-quality and audible, it would seem cheap and unfinished—because it's different.