Uncut Gems (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:38 am
Law wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 10:01 am
This doesn't look good
you're right it looks amazing

good time is one of the best movies of 2017, an excellent year for movies

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Law wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:57 am
Vader182 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:38 am

you're right it looks amazing

good time is one of the best movies of 2017, an excellent year for movies

-Vader
Other than maybe the cinematography, what about it looks amazing? Like most movies with athletes acting, I can guarantee this will fall victim to the same trope.
what about sandler scheming and running for his life with the texture and pulse of good time doesn't sound great lol

-Vader
Perhaps I should see Good Time

Looks so damn good. Loved Good Time. Safdie brothers achieve such a crazy energy. Sandler will be perfect in a role like this.

Durden wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 4:17 pm
Looks so damn good. Loved Good Time. Safdie brothers achieve such a crazy energy. Sandler will be perfect in a role like this.
the safdies are among the most skilled craftsmen in the biz to conjure that energy pretty much out of shoestring and gum

(and an overpowering EDM score)

-Vader

I feel bad for people who don’t know who Mike Francesa is because that was the most hilarious part of the trailer. Lmao

This looks fantastic. One of my most anticipated of the year if not the top spot. I really hope they can follow up Good Time, which is slowly becoming one of my favorite films of recent years.

I got to see this at TIFF a couple weeks ago. I thought it was great, not quite as good as good as Good Time but still certainly great. Sandler is perfect, but the main thing I enjoyed was seeing how good of a job the Safdies did with all of the non-actors. Some good stuff.

Penguin022 wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 1:56 am
I got to see this at TIFF a couple weeks ago. I thought it was great, not quite as good as good as Good Time but still certainly great. Sandler is perfect, but the main thing I enjoyed was seeing how good of a job the Safdies did with all of the non-actors. Some good stuff.
How was Mike Francesa?

Allstar wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 3:03 am
Penguin022 wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 1:56 am
How was Mike Francesa?
He was pretty good, although he didn't have all that big of a part. Of the non-actors, Kevin Garnett was the most integral to the plot.

This is screening tomorrow at LFF (it was the surprise film tonight) and I'm hyped as fuck