2019-2020 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think combining the Sound category is a good idea, weren't they planning to do that anyway?

Allstar wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 1:37 pm
How does one judge that if you don’t even realize what’s stunt work and what’s not. Genuine question. I’m all for it otherwise.
the same way they do it with visual effects

-Vader

Also Dafoe and Pattinson lol and I still haven't even seen The Lighthouse lol

adding a stunt work category may not be the greatest of ideas. would immediately go straight to stunt workers performing increasingly more and more dangerous stunts, and studios exploiting and pushing them even further for award recognition

stunt work is severely underappreciated but idk how to solve that without potentially pushing the performers into more danger. all for a statue

Allstar wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 1:37 pm
How does one judge that if you don’t even realize what’s stunt work and what’s not. Genuine question. I’m all for it otherwise.
The "branch" determines the nominees. They would know what are stunts and what aren't.

It's ludicrous that it's not a category and bloody Best Original Song is - a by-product of what was considered important in the early years of the Academy Awards and doubly silly when you consider that stunts have been in movies longer than Sound, Score, and Songs.

Phoenix standing in front of millions of meat eaters around the world, completely outnumbered, asking them to fucking stop, is one of the most powerful things I've ever seen.

Nothing in the whole world is more wrong that so many believe to be right. The pain in that man's eyes feels so real.

Ruth wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 7:54 am
CASE wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 6:38 am
Ruth wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 2:31 pm
~real~ movie fans thinking an “empty” movie relying on a technical gimmick winning will be insulting
Hi.
i’m sorry my opinions made you so butthurt you had to dig up a post that had nothing to do with parasite because.... *reasons*

lol
What the hell are you talking about? Parasite? I just got hooked by this sentence and I thought about of 1917.
I didn't even care about what you said and context of it.
And I dug shit. I'm not following 99% of threads, yours was the first I didn't read genius.

Lowest rated Oscars telecast of all time. 43% fewer viewers watched the Oscars than a decade ago. These award shows are becoming less and less relevant and it is obvious why.

CASE wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 8:19 pm
Ruth wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 7:54 am
CASE wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 6:38 am

Hi.
i’m sorry my opinions made you so butthurt you had to dig up a post that had nothing to do with parasite because.... *reasons*

lol
What the hell are you talking about? Parasite? I just got hooked by this sentence and I thought about of 1917.
I didn't even care about what you said and context of it.
And I dug shit. I'm not following 99% of threads, yours was the first I didn't read genius.
Please read the entire thread next time and consider context when responding to someone.

why the fuck would you even quote someone if you don’t care what that post says lmao