2019-2020 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
De Niro getting snubbed at Globes and SAG despite Irishman getting everything else is truly laughable. He’s in damn near every frame of this epic.

Vader182 wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Song Kang-ho for life.

RE: Bombshell... comparisons as this year's Vice don't seem far from true. Bloated, liberally good intentioned, actors in excessive makeup, but vacuous and superficial.

-Vader
Song Kang-ho was also so good in Memories of Murder. Have you seen that?

As for Bombshell, but Theron tho?

Allstar wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 8:50 pm
De Niro getting snubbed at Globes and SAG despite Irishman getting everything else is truly laughable. He’s in damn near every frame of this epic.
It's actually kind of insane (the SAG nomination that is. The GG's are just not very good at handing out awards), especially considering how both Pesci and Pacino was nominated and it was nominated for ensemble but nothing for De Niro.

Sanchez wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 12:24 pm
Allstar wrote:
It's actually kind of insane (the SAG nomination that is. The GG's are just not very good at handing out awards), especially considering how both Pesci and Pacino was nominated and it was nominated for ensemble but nothing for De Niro.
De Niro plays a stoic henchman. Even his last half hour, which people said would make him undeniable, has been blown out of proportion. It's really not that complicated.

MyCocaine wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:45 pm
Sanchez wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 12:24 pm
Allstar wrote:
De Niro plays a stoic henchman. Even his last half hour, which people said would make him undeniable, has been blown out of proportion. It's really not that complicated.
this is as bad a take as the people on twitter calling the marriage story fight scene bad acting

Driver for Best Actor. Pacino for Best Supporting Actor.

Whats up with that Lopez supporting actress nom? Did I miss something? LOL

Collector03601 wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:32 am
She’s fantastic and it’s prob the best performance in the category. Certainly better than front runner Dern.

Allstar wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:33 am
Collector03601 wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:32 am
She’s fantastic and it’s prob the best performance in the category. Certainly better than front runner Dern.
Really? Well, she was horrible in everything I have seen her in so far and just that trailer for Hustlers was hard to watch so this really took me by a surprise. Might check it out at some point then.

Best VFX shortlist:
Alita: Battle Angel

Avengers: Endgame

Captain Marvel

Cats

Gemini Man

The Irishman

The Lion King

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Terminator: Dark Fate
January 13th will show us which will get nominated.