2019 Cannes Film Festival

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
We're getting close to Cannes little by little. So I think we can start some speculations (I don't know if there was already a thread about it).

There are highly chances that Tarantino will be here with Once Upon a time in Hollywood. Malick with Radegund but we don't know yet, Scorsese but I doubt about it. James Gray probably won't be ready in May for Ad Astra (release date is about to change again apparently).
Jarmusch with The Dead Don't Die maybe, The Safdie Brothers with Uncut Gems, Ken Loach, Bong Joon-Ho, Ang Lee, Almodovar, Polanski, De Palma.

There are a lot of possibilities.

Inarritu will be president of the jury.

Jury was announced today and includes Elle Fanning, Lanthimos and Pawilowski.

Is Elle Fanning one of the youngest jury members ever? It's super awesome that she's on the jury. She's a talented actress and she's worked with some really good directors.

New Tarantino and Bong the same day :o

I'd kill to be there

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 5:51 am
New Tarantino and Bong the same day :o

I'd kill to be there
Bong is apparently amazing. Some say his best.

Parasite / Lighthouse / Once Upon a Time are my most hyped movies this year along with TROS (top obvs)

there's plenty of others, i'm just less sure i'll eat them up like I will those. IE Midsommar where the script has shaky reactions but the trailers look great

-Vader

And the Almodovar, Sciamma and Malick have been very well received too!

Just read the first reactions for Parasite and Oh My God!!!
What a wonderful opportunity for the Academy to show how much they don't care about Korean cinema!