Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Written for the screen and directed by Rian Johnson

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, and Emily Blunt have signed on to star set to start filming January 24th 2011.

Plot description-

Looper is a time travel movie, set in a near future where time travel doesn’t exist but will be invented in a few decades. It’s pretty dark in tone, much different from Bloom, and involves a group of killers (called Loopers) who work for a crime syndicate in the future. Their bosses send their targets hogtied and blindfolded back in time to the Loopers, and their job is to simply shoot them in the head and dispose of the body. So the target vanishes from the future and the Loopers dispose of a corpse that doesn’t technically exist, a very clean system. Complications set in from there.

Sounds pretty interesting, I hope its good.

JGL plays a looper...the Target sent to him is actually him from the future

lol@ JGL looking like Bruce Willis when he gets older

talli wrote:JGL plays a looper...the Target sent to him is actually him from the future

:wtf:

talli wrote:JGL plays a looper...the Target sent to him is actually him from the future

Okay, did you just give away a plot twist? That's not cool, bro. :JGLface:

Looking forward to this film. JGL and Emily Blunt, what could be better? :mrgreen:

JGL and Bruce Willis eyes are kind of similar I can buy it.

Looks like a ripoff of Minority Report.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Looks like a ripoff of Minority Report.
Um, no it doesn't. There was no time travel in Minority Report or anything else remotely resembling this synopsis. Can we please just stop with the 'this is like so-and-so' whenever a film with vaguely similar tropes to another comes out? It's really annoying.

Bueller wrote:
Um, no it doesn't. There was no time travel in Minority Report or anything else remotely resembling this synopsis. Can we please just stop with the 'this is like so-and-so' whenever a film with vaguely similar tropes to another comes out? It's really annoying.
I haven't seen Minority Report, so I can't ague with any of that, but yea that whole "this is like that movie" is getting on my nerves. It's 2010 people, we've had movies for over 100 years, millions of novels, tons of TV shows, do you really think there will be a 100% original movie now a days? :roll:

Bueller wrote:
Agreed. Other then being science fiction, I fail to see the resemblance.