Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I don't really see it.

It'd be better if they had used makeup to make Levitt look older, IMO.

SilverHeart wrote:Image

I don't really see it.

It'd be better if they had used makeup to make Levitt look older, IMO.
Bruce Willis is older JGL.
gib sigs

I know. I'm saying I don't get why they just didn't use makeup to make JGL older instead of casting someone who looks pretty much nothing like him.

SilverHeart wrote:I know. I'm saying I don't get why they just didn't use makeup to make JGL older instead of casting someone who looks pretty much nothing like him.
Was the plan always to have two different actors for the older and younger versions of this character?

JOHNSON: Initially, when I cast Joe and we were talking about it before we had cast Bruce, we were talking about the option of just doing make-up or something else.

GORDON-LEVITT: The egotistical actor in me was like, “Let me do both!,” but I’m so glad that’s not what we did.

JOHNSON: The reason that I actually came down against it was twofold. First, I think with aging make-up on younger actors, I don’t feel like I’ve ever seen it completely work. There’s been some tremendous work that’s been done, but I feel like, if you know what an actor looks like who’s young, as a movie-goer, I can usually see right through it. The bigger thing for me, and what emotionally pulled me into the movie, was the idea of a young man sitting across from an older man, who’s himself. You can make someone up. Joe is a fantastic actor. But, there’s something about a span of 25 years between two people that you can’t fake. That just buys you something that’s intangible and very essential to what this movie is basically about. And so, I thought it was really important to have two actors actually sitting across from each other, with that age gap between them.

Because that would've involved lots of makeup work(these kind of makeups sometimes take 2-3 hours) as well as CGI work.
Plus having Bruce Willis in a movie means having a reliable star, unlike relying only on JGL who isn't well known in international market.
gib sigs

this movie will be the new blade runner

Everytime!..I hate you. :evil: