Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think it looks cool overall and have complete faith JGL will do an awesome job! :-D

HanzNolo wrote:
Allstar wrote: Nice to hear from the 30th different source.
No problem. Thought I would, as a source, balance out the 30 or so who are only going off pictures and 3 quick cut teasers for a teaser.
Yeah appreciate it, do you mind posting an in depth review with spoilers? I already read the script.

Allstar wrote: Yeah appreciate it, do you mind posting an in depth review with spoilers? I already read the script.
Well there are already reviews online that do a far better job than I could do but I'll post about the changes from the script that I remember.
From the Diner scene:
-Old Joes speech about an old man speaking French sounding like the voice of God was taken out. Presumably because the location of France is changed to China in the film. Though he still practices French from his headphones.
-Instead of saying "Good luck explaining who Beaxtrix is..." He says "less letters"
-Old Joe talks about how they will end up using straws to explain time travel but he never actually gets frustrated and shows him
-Joe saying "it's been a while since a refill" and Old Joe responding about the slat bike tracker were taken out

-Jeff Daniels character says he won't smash his hand with a hammer, and you can notice a hammer on the table, but the joke is never paid off where he says "don't mind that"

-Joe dropping off Seth at his apartment and their conversation was taken out

There's more I can't remember at the moment so I'll have to read the script again to refresh my memory.

One thing I do remember, and how could I not, is that Piper Perabo is topless in the scene with Joe.
Also, the music is really awesome. Especially in the montage when Young Joe first "drops"

-

HanzNolo wrote:
Allstar wrote: Yeah appreciate it, do you mind posting an in depth review with spoilers? I already read the script.
Well there are already reviews online that do a far better job than I could do but I'll post about the changes from the script that I remember.
From the Diner scene:
-Old Joes speech about an old man speaking French sounding like the voice of God was taken out. Presumably because the location of France is changed to China in the film. Though he still practices French from his headphones.
-Instead of saying "Good luck explaining who Beaxtrix is..." He says "less letters"
-Old Joe talks about how they will end up using straws to explain time travel but he never actually gets frustrated and shows him
-Joe saying "it's been a while since a refill" and Old Joe responding about the slat bike tracker were taken out

-Jeff Daniels character says he won't smash his hand with a hammer, and you can notice a hammer on the table, but the joke is never paid off where he says "don't mind that"

-Joe dropping off Seth at his apartment and their conversation was taken out

There's more I can't remember at the moment so I'll have to read the script again to refresh my memory.

One thing I do remember, and how could I not, is that Piper Perabo is topless in the scene with Joe.
Also, the music is really awesome. Especially in the montage when Young Joe first "drops"

-
That last spoiler :clap: :twothumbsup:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

mchekhov wrote:Image
Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew.

chee wrote:
mchekhov wrote:Image
Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Lmao. They did JGL dirty with this one.

Whyd they cut out do many good moments?

I'm hoping this is JGL's first transformative performance. Take it to the next level Joe.

Crazy Eight wrote:I'm hoping this is JGL's first transformative performance. Take it to the next level Joe.
In your opinion.

Crazy Eight wrote:I'm hoping this is JGL's first transformative performance. Take it to the next level Joe.
Me too. But its going to be hard to watch that creepy thing.

Agreed, my hope is that he doesn't rely on the makeup too much.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.