Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't think he sounded at all like himself in any of the scenes. His voice was a lot more rustic and he obviously had to do it to make the Bruce Willis connection more believable. I kind of liked it though, that his character was sort of the douchey, deep sultry voice kind of guy. Made his redemption by the end much more enjoyable.

Allstar wrote: Emily Blunt tripped and fell down. Flaw number one. :clap:
:lol:

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:I don't have problems with complaints. I've just come across some odd nitpicking that' is sort of irrelevant don't get me started with some of law's. Emily Blunt tripped and fell down. Flaw number one. :clap:
Never said that was a flaw and said that as a joke. My main complaints were Dano, Kid Blue, and whatever else I said last week. Also, Jeff Daniels not being a convincing "villian" or whatever you want to call him. Sorry I didn't go into technicalities Allstar I guess that means my complaints aren't worthy enough

aaron wrote:I don't think he sounded at all like himself in any of the scenes. His voice was a lot more rustic and he obviously had to do it to make the Bruce Willis connection more believable. I kind of liked it though, that his character was sort of the douchey, deep sultry voice kind of guy. Made his redemption by the end much more enjoyable.
Rise.

@Allstar. Have you seen The Squid and the Whale? Daniels, and Eisnenberg are two of the leads. Some of Daniels best work, he is hilarious.

Durden_77 wrote:@Allstar. Have you seen The Squid and the Whale? Daniels, and Eisnenberg are two of the leads. Some of Daniels best work, he is hilarious.
I haven't but I've heard of it. I will check it out.

Kid Blue was barely in it. So many of his scenes got cut out from the script. Ridiculous. I'd rather watch him than joseph gordon whathisname

James wrote:Kid Blue was barely in it. So many of his scenes got cut out from the script. Ridiculous. I'd rather watch him than joseph gordon whathisname
Say what? Please tell me you're aiming for sarcasm here and that you're not in any way serious. Noah Segan did a fine job with what little he had, but take away Gordon-Levitt and suddenly Bruce Willis being cast makes little sense other than it's Bruce Willis, and thus the transformational aspect of the entire film is upended.
The only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.

Something I really liked about the film was that it acknowledges the complications of the concept without being self-parodying - I loved that line Bruce Willis gave about how they'd be at the table all day making diagrams with straws and stuff, that line alone made the concept one of the most accessible sci-fi concepts in a while.

christophmac wrote:Something I really liked about the film was that it acknowledges the complications of the concept without being self-parodying - I loved that line Bruce Willis gave about how they'd be at the table all day making diagrams with straws and stuff, that line alone made the concept one of the most accessible sci-fi concepts in a while.
Absolutely. Time travel will always remain one of the key tenets of the philosophy behind Science Fiction because it's a concept that goes so much further than the science or logic behind it ever could; all fiction or films dealing with time travel should not try to make the concept a scientific reality, ever. Time travel stories, at their core, must be about the implications granted to the world in which such a world-altering technology is possible. The best thing Johnson did here (and that Gilliam did in 12 Monkeys) was put the concept last and the implications first. You start the film with "In 30 years, time travel will have been invented" and I'm already sold. You don't have to tell me how, and you really don't have to tell me why. What you do have to tell me is what happens if, in the universe you're presenting, this concept exists. Because that's not always an easy story to tell given that so many different worlds with different implications have been done before. It's almost metafictional, like Johnson had to explore the implications presented in past films and stories within the genre in order to build a new future and some alternate implications.
The only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.