Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
HanzNolo wrote:
James wrote: Awesome. What was the music like? and what songs do they use in the film?!
It was just really intense and dark. It fit the tone of the film perfect. There's a few montages where the music is amazing.
madcowre wrote:I hope they keep the sex scene between Joe and Emily's characters in...mainly, because it's Joe and Emily :P
You'll be happy then 8-)
But what song did they use in the film? I know they used a Warren Zevon song somewhere in the picture because Noah Segan said on his twitter. By the way how was Noah Segan's performace? He rocks.

James wrote:But what song did they use in the film? I know they used a Warren Zevon song somewhere in the picture because Noah Segan said on his twitter. By the way how was Noah Segan's performace? He rocks.
The only time I remember hearing an actual song as oppose to the score of the film is when Joe plays a song on the record player in his apartment, but I forget what song was used. Could very likely be the one Noah mentioned.

He does a great job as kid blue. He's really funny as the sort of thorn in Joes side if you will. He's not in it a whole lot but he's pretty awesome with the screen time he has.
Teaser #2 is back online now. Seeing as it was supposed to be released today anyhow

Also the trailer music

Blade Runner/12 Monkeys kinda world... Already loving it! 8-)

@Hanznolo

How was Emily Blunt in this?

Allstar wrote:@Hanznolo

Who is this Hanznolo dude? Can he be trusted?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:

Who is this Hanznolo dude? Can he be trusted?
There have been numerous early screenings and he has went into specific detail so yes.

She's great too. She's only in the last third of the movie but her character is a tough farm girl who looks after her young son. Her chemistry with Joe is equally great.
DoubleD wrote:Who is this Hanznolo dude? Can he be trusted?
To lie, trick, and deceive? Yes I can.

HanzNolo wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Who is this Hanznolo dude? Can he be trusted?
To lie, trick, and deceive? Yes I can.
:twothumbsup:

So you've seen the film. That's awesome you lucky bastard.

I've got just one question, are the 12 Monkeys / Blade Runner comparisons accurate?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

HanzNolo wrote:her character is a tough farm girl
You don't say? Feels good to be right.
who looks after her young son. Her chemistry with Joe is equally great.
No surprise there.
I've got just one question, are the 12 Monkeys / Blade Runner comparisons accurate?
They were just saying the world of the movie is similar to those worlds, not really the plot of the movie, however it is somewhat similar to Twelve Monkeys with the time travel aspect.

DoubleD wrote:I've got just one question, are the 12 Monkeys / Blade Runner comparisons accurate?
The tone and grittiness of it felt very real like those two films. The story is more obviously like 12 Monkeys with time travel, a younger self, and Bruce Willis.

Definitely it's own thing though.

Here is the post I made showing the invitation to the screening that I got via email http://looperstuff.tumblr.com/post/1783 ... mail-sweet

Though it looks like anyone could of made that.