Reminiscence (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Any chance someone has the script for Reminiscence and can DM it to me? I'd be grateful! Thanks!

Ace
In what instantly becomes a hot property there, Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson are finalizing deals to star this fall in Reminiscence, a film that Westworld executive producer Lisa Joy has scripted. She will make her feature directorial debut.

The film will be unveiled for major studios later this week by Endeavor Content, which is brokering domestic; FilmNation’s Glen Basner will be at the European Film Market to make international deals starting next week. Joy will make the trip to pitch her vision in a theater. Joy, Jonathan Nolan, Michael De Luca and Aaron Ryder will produce a film that is being mounted as a co-production between Kilter Films, Michael De Luca Productions and FilmNation Entertainment. Principal Photography begins October 21 for a film that will shoot in New Orleans and Miami. This allows Joy and Nolan to complete their work on the third season of their HBO series Westworld.

While she’s stepping behind the camera on a feature for the first time, Joy has been writing and imagining this film for the past five years. “It has been a labor of love and also vision,” she told Deadline. “I know exactly what I want this to be, including all of the action set pieces, and turning Miami into a sunken world. Working on Westworld has been an incredible experience in learning to make something with the scope of a feature on a TV timeline with a budget nowhere near what you would expect for a feature film equivalent.”

The script, which made the Black List several years ago, is complex and layered, but essentially, Jackman will play a private eye who deals in recapturing vivid cherished memories for clients. He becomes vexed by one of those clients (Ferguson). It is set slightly in the future in a Miami that has been changed by global warming, with much of the city submerged underwater.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/hugh-jackm ... ssion=true

Ace wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 1:51 pm
In what instantly becomes a hot property there, Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson are finalizing deals to star this fall in Reminiscence, a film that Westworld executive producer Lisa Joy has scripted. She will make her feature directorial debut.

The film will be unveiled for major studios later this week by Endeavor Content, which is brokering domestic; FilmNation’s Glen Basner will be at the European Film Market to make international deals starting next week. Joy will make the trip to pitch her vision in a theater. Joy, Jonathan Nolan, Michael De Luca and Aaron Ryder will produce a film that is being mounted as a co-production between Kilter Films, Michael De Luca Productions and FilmNation Entertainment. Principal Photography begins October 21 for a film that will shoot in New Orleans and Miami. This allows Joy and Nolan to complete their work on the third season of their HBO series Westworld.

While she’s stepping behind the camera on a feature for the first time, Joy has been writing and imagining this film for the past five years. “It has been a labor of love and also vision,” she told Deadline. “I know exactly what I want this to be, including all of the action set pieces, and turning Miami into a sunken world. Working on Westworld has been an incredible experience in learning to make something with the scope of a feature on a TV timeline with a budget nowhere near what you would expect for a feature film equivalent.”

The script, which made the Black List several years ago, is complex and layered, but essentially, Jackman will play a private eye who deals in recapturing vivid cherished memories for clients. He becomes vexed by one of those clients (Ferguson). It is set slightly in the future in a Miami that has been changed by global warming, with much of the city submerged underwater.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/hugh-jackm ... ssion=true
Her episode of WestWorld is probably the best in the series, so I'm quite excited about this.

:gonf:

Have a feeling this will be another ‘Transcendence’, damn forgot that movie even existed until just now.

Allstar wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Have a feeling this will be another ‘Transcendence’, damn forgot that movie even existed until just now.
lisa joy is very smart and very talented but yeah

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm
That’s not very fair. Transcendence was directed by a traitorous cruise line commercial making hack. I’m rooting for Lisa.

Transcendence was Pfister's directorial debut. Joy has already proven she can direct.

Sanchez wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Transcendence was Pfister's directorial debut. Joy has already proven she can direct.
I'd say Pfister experience as a cinematographer goes a little further than Joy directing an episode of television prior her directorial debut.

i dont necessarily think it'll be bad, although westworld's gotten wilder and more unruly, but it's more that it'll probably flop

also isn't the plot basically inception or maybe im misreading it

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 6:15 pm
i dont necessarily think it'll be bad, although westworld's gotten wilder and more unruly, but it's more that it'll probably flop

also isn't the plot basically inception or maybe im misreading it

-Vader
It’s inception but with Cuban cuisine and A LOT of cocoaine.

So yeah Inception but better