Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
How does this get lumped in with Entertaiment anyway?

It's a film that Nolan is involved with at a script and production level. It's going to open with a friggin' SYNCOPY logo.

Deserves its own board.
He's just a producer basically. I don't think it deserves a special board.
He has also a writing credit for the story! and his wife is producing the film with him! This demands a forum!

According to Emma Thomas, Nolan is also one of the writers. I'm guessing it's more like Insomnia in that matter. Nolan and Goyer created the story together and then Goyer wrote the script and then Nolan wrote the final draft like most of the times that he does.
"They [Nolan and Goyer] brought it to an appropriate screenplay and it's now Snyder's picture."

- Emma Thomas

Master Virgo wrote:
"They [Nolan and Goyer] brought it to an appropriate screenplay and it's now Snyder's picture."

- Emma Thomas

Did Nolan actually see Sucker Punch?

What did Synder do to convince him that he could handle it?

More likely Synder had some serious shit on Nolan and threatened to use it against him if he didn't get the project.
:batface:

GothamGirl wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:
Did Nolan actually see Sucker Punch?
Didn't Snyder write SP as well as direct it? Wasn't the story/screenplay one of the biggest problems? Well, this way, Nolan writes a great story with Goyer and Snyder just makes it look nice. :P

GothamGirl wrote: What did Synder do to convince him that he could handle it?
The number of directors who could've handled projects like 300 and Watchmen and make such amazing pieces in terms of visionary directing is considerably low. Snyder is one those few. Obviously in both cases the plot and the script were pretty flawed but that's not the case here.

Even in Owls of Ga'hool and Sucker Punch which are even in a lesser level of quality, he did his job as the director pretty good imo.

Master Virgo wrote:

Even in Owls of Ga'hool and Sucker Punch which are even in a lesser level of quality, he did his job as the director pretty good imo.

In terms of organizing huge productions, yes I admit he did his job.

But I can't overlook the fact that Owls and Sucker Punch were pretty horrific films. Maybe he excels in creating films from material that he doesn't write...but by that logic Owls should have been OK. I enjoyed the Directors Cut of Watchmen but I was never a fan of 300...although I do respect it for its pretty fantastic visuals.
"Legend of the Guardians' dark tone and dazzling visuals are to be admired, even if they're ultimately let down by a story that never lives up to its full potential.
Pretty much sums up the guy's career.

I personally think there is a really tiny chance that this movie wouldn't deliver. Because all the effort that Nolan has put to find the director and the cast and starting the production, that can only mean that he is really satisfied by the script, and when he (As someone that I consider one of the top ten screenwriters of all time) thinks a script is good, there is almost no doubt that it's good.

This movie would at least be as good as Iron Man and at best as good as Batman Begins.