Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Entertainment Weekly has learned exclusively that Jason Reitman will direct and co-write an upcoming film set in the world that was saved decades previously by the proton pack-wearing working stiffs in the original 1984 movie, which was directed by his father, Ivan Reitman.

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,” Reitman says. “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

Sony Pictures has dated the film for Summer 2020, with plans to start shooting in a few months.

It’s still too soon to reveal the plot of the screenplay, who the new characters will be, or whether the original actors like Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, or Bill Murray will return. Harold Ramis died in 2014.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-gh ... ssion=true
Last edited by Ace on December 2nd, 2019, 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This totally gave me more of a BTTF vibe than anything.

Ace
‘Ghostbusters’: ‘Stranger Things’ Actor Finn Wolfhard and Carrie Coon Eyed to Star
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/ghos ... 203153292/
The studio would not comment on plot details, but sources say the story will focus on a single mom and her family, with Coon playing the mom and Wolfhard playing her son. It’s currently unknown how that will connect to the new Ghostbusters team.

Seriously I don't see the point of another Ghostbusters movie if it's just another rehash of the same shit like 1 and 2 and the female reboot. Upping the CGI, ghosts or supernaturals ain't going to cut it. I mean by giving the supernatural villian(s) with some sort of supernatural ability to keep it very unique and interesting so that it would work really well into the story. By giving each main the supernatural beings with the X-men/mutant like power would make it very interesting.

Ace
Paul Rudd Joins ‘Ghostbusters 2020’
Paul Rudd is in final negotiations to join Sony’s latest installment of “Ghostbusters.”
The announcement will be made shortly at the Ghostbusters Fan Fest, presented by Wizard World, on the Sony Pictures lot.
Sources tell Variety Rudd will play a teacher in the film.
“I’ve been wanting to work with Paul Rudd since my short film opened for ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ at Sundance. I’m thrilled he’ll be joining this new chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe,” said Jason Reitman.

Sony wouldn’t comment on plot details, but insiders tell Variety the story will be an extension of the original “Ghostbusters” and focus on a single mom and her family, with Coon playing the mom and Wolfhard playing her son. It’s unknown how exactly it connects to the original Ghostbusters series. Sigourney Weaver is also rumored to return as Dana Barrett.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/paul ... ssion=true

So we got new trailers coming for Ghostbusters, Tenet, No Time to Die, Black Widow...

Anything else? Possible we get a look at Dune? Or is that too far out still?