Motherless Brooklyn (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Bacon wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 12:37 pm
Yeah, I'm rooting for Norton here considering how much time he's put into trying to make this a film. That being said, I could easily see it being underwhelming or worse.
There's too much going on in this for it not to be good. It looks like Norton put everything he had into it.

regardless of the final product this is a very bad trailer. the way it cuts around the outbursts with the super-serious voiceover it almost seems like an SNL skit

i too hope this rules though. Norton is a very good actor whose ego has often prevented him from having the career he should have.

-Vader

Jesus, this looks insultingly bad. I'm talking almost Gotti levels. The cinematography is just embaracing.

The film might still be good because the cast is great (Willis, Norton and Baldwin all looked bad in the trailer, though) but right now I wouldn't keep my hopes high.

Also, if he's playing Tourrets for laughs in the movie (amusing as it might be in a cringy way, being honest), it won't win over any progressive critics either. They might destroy him for it

this is either going to be great or trash. no middle ground

This is going to be the type of movie high schoolers watch after taking a standardized test.

yikes

This looks like a disaster.

Reviews are not too hot.