Rebecca (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Netflix and Working Title are teaming on a new adaptation of one of old Hollywood's most beloved mysteries: Rebecca.

Armie Hammer and Lily James are set to star as the newly married couple at the center of the gothic thriller based on Daphne du Maurier’s classic.

The 1938 novel tells the story of a young woman who, on arriving at her husband's imposing family estate on a bleak English coast, finds herself battling the shadow of his dead first wife, the mysterious Rebecca, whose legacy continues to haunt the house.

English helmer Ben Wheatley, who worked with Hammer on the shoot-'em-up action comedy Free Fire, will direct from a screenplay by Kingsman writer Jane Goldman. Working Title’s Eric Fellner will produce, along with Tim Bevan and Nira Park.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ix-1161345

I like both actors, enjoyed Free Fire so I'm hyped.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ium=social
Academy Award nominee Kristin Scott Thomas has joined Lily James and Armie Hammer in director Ben Wheatley's adaptation of Rebecca, the Daphne du Maurier classic gothic tale.

Thomas will play the novel's main antagonist Mrs. Danvers, alongside Hammer and James as the newly married couple at the center of the dramatic thriller. Having balanced her career between English and French-language films, Thomas earned an Oscar nomination for The English Patient, won a BAFTA Award for Four Weddings and a Funeral and was nominated for a Cesar three times.

Thomas is also guest starring in season two of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's breakout comedy Fleabag. Du Maurier's 1938 novel tells the story of a young woman who, upon arriving at her husband's imposing family estate on a bleak English coast, finds herself battling the shadow of his dead first wife, the mysterious Rebecca, whose legacy continues to haunt the house.

Wheatley will start the cameras rolling this summer in the U.K. and France, and will direct from a screenplay by Kingsman writer Jane Goldman.

Working Title’s Eric Fellner will produce, along with Tim Bevan and Nira Park. In 1940, Alfred Hitchcock directed the preeminent adaptation of Rebecca, which was produced by David O. Selznick and starred Lawrence Olivier and Joan Fontaine.

Thomas is repped by Agence Adequat, CAA and Independent Talent Group
Wish these three very talented actors were in a more original film together. Having seen the Hitchcock one (and read the book), I don't feel I need to see another version.

Yet another case of "see the story again with a vastly less talented cast and crew!"