El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In early 2018, while Paul was in New York shooting The Path, Gilligan called him and shared that he had written a movie about Jesse. "I'm like everybody else on the planet — I think Vince and the rest of the writers really nailed the landing with the ending of Breaking Bad, and why mess with that?" Paul recalls thinking. "But it's Vince we're talking about. I would follow Vince into a fire. That's how much I trust the man. I would do anything that he asked me to."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featu ... ow-1240406

This article has by far the most information thus far on the new BB movie, including that it is roughly 2 hours in length.

Great teaser, those two must not be from the film itself as the film was shot in 2.40 AR (per the Hollywood Reporter piece. Alexa 65 alas).

2 Questions:

Will this be released at 12AM on Oct 11th? I'm not sure how Netflix works when it comes to their new releases.

Second, do y'all think critics will get advanced screenings to this?

ArmandFancypants wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 1:26 pm
we're gonna hang out whenever i get to straya

That looks like a legit movie alright. Super impressed by the production values. Great trailer and hype through the roof now.

Jax_Teller wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 10:02 am
That looks like a legit movie alright. Super impressed by the production values. Great trailer and hype through the roof now.
It does look amazing and I expect nothing less from Vince Gilligan. But it still gives us very little about the plot, which is both a good thing and a bad thing for me personally. Good, because I want to go into the film fresh, but frustrating because I don't understand the essential need for the film. It has to be more than just the police chasing after Jesse, right? That wouldn't seem like a good enough plot to bring this film into existence 6 years after a perfect finale.

Why not? Gilligan had this idea that he wanted to pursue, I guess everyone involved felt it was worthy enough, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. Paul said he was initially skeptical too.