The Haunting of Hill House (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.
Directed by Mike Flanagan (Gerald's Game, upcoming Doctor Sleep) starring Carla Gugino, Michael Huisman, Victoria Pedretti and Henry Thomas.

Anybody watching this? It's getting pretty good reviews.

I couldn't get past the opening narration.

This is pretty amazing. About a third of the way through the season. Imagine an A24 horror movie only as a series.

-Vader

Only 2 episodes in, really good so far

I really really loved this. Great character stuff and amazingly directed, especially Ep 6

The photography was also wonderfully Delbonnel-esque

Just saw that the director is next helming The Shining sequel. No idea if the book is any good but I certainly now have some interest.

This felt like peak Stephen King most of the time

What an amazingly great show till episode 6. And then such a good one for 7-8 with
Theo's breakdown
towards the end of ep 8, being the last moment of brilliance in this season. And yes episode 6 was totally worth the hype.

pilot review: is scary.

Finished it yesterday. All in all pretty great. The family drama stuff is heartbreaking and ultimately was what kept drawing me in further and further, bc otherwise I was a bit scared and wondered if I should put watching this on hold for a bit lol. It probably won’t be scary for lots of people, but I found it to be scary enough for me.

Episode 1 to 6 are incredible. Imo it drops a little in 7 and 8, but 9 is great again. Need to think more on the finale, because I’m aware that’s the point of the show that garnered the most polarizing reactions. The acting is great, for some reason though, after getting used to young Hugh, it was difficult for me to acknowledge the older version of the character as he kept appearing more lol. Others grew up from children to adults, so the transition felt more natural, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I saw an article pointing out all of the hidden ghosts and figures in the show. And I just fucking knew it had to make sense, because I remembered noticing shit here and there. And I’m just like freaking out thinking about it lmao. Good stuff.

the_red_ninja wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 11:34 am
pilot review: is scary.
Fuck I was gonna watch it but now I'm having second thoughts