Knives Out (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
But is there a JGL cameo?

Collector03601 wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 8:24 am
Nomis wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 6:35 am
Going on Tuesday, double feature with Parasite 8-)
Whoa! Parasite being one of 2019's best together with really well received Knives Out? That will be one hella theater experience for you. Enjoy!
It certainly was! I'm definitely going to do double-features more often. Our screening of Parasite exactly matched Knives Out start lol. From the one screen to the other.

This was just so much fun. I really liked how this sort of subverted the whodunnit genre while still delivering on the whodunnit aspect of it. Ana de Armas is absolutely amazing, she's so charismatic, so in control, I absolutely love her. I keep being mesmerized by her beauty too, it's unreal. I recognize a sort of Eva Green in her. Both such talented actresses who are really really really ridiculously good looking.

The rest of the cast was great too. Curtis and Colette just eat this stuff up, Craig is hilarious and Plummer is always good. The comedy was all so well timed and I loved how the story just clicked
Craig's doughnut speech was one of the best and that last shot was just amazing

Loved this. Huge fan of the whodunnit murder mysteries but unfortunately there aren't that many great films in that genre. But this was fantastic, it takes the classic whodunnit story and manages to put such a different and clever spin on it. The cast was great, with Craig and de Armas being the standouts. The only downside is that the others don't get to do much.

Anybody else not satisfied by the final reveal? But otherwise good fun I must say. The most hilarious gag was
everyone mentioning a different South American country with respect to Marta

lol yeah that was so funny
no I thought the whole reveal and Craig's donut monologue were fantastic

This is probably the funniest movie of the year

Oku
I believe in Sanchez.

I enjoyed this even more the second time. I also think this is a film whose appeal does not diminish once you know the plot twist(s).

Batfan175 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
I enjoyed this even more the second time. I also think this is a film whose appeal does not diminish once you know the plot twist(s).
dude i just saw it for the second time last night and couldn't agree more. i had some issues with the last half, but they mostly vanished. easily my favorite RJ movie after TLJ, truly a terrific creation by a filmmaker in command of his talents.

It really plays to all his strengths. Losing a RJ star wars trilogy would be unfortunate, but if that means he can convince Craig to churn one of these out every few years...there are worse timelines.

-Vader