Knives Out (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hateful Eight also cost 44–54 million.

Allstar wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 6:40 pm
Hateful Eight also cost 44–54 million.
Yes, which is proving my point. That had tons of treacherous location work in hard to reach locations in storms, while building sets in these locations as well + plenty of studio work, a large ensemble cast, and shooting in expensive large format. Knives Out isn’t like this.

-Vader

^if knives out wasnt shot in a studio i'll quit filmmaking
Vader182 wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 6:37 pm
It takes place almost entirely inside a single location. No doubt, a huge chunk of it went to the cast, namely Craig and Evans.

It's the Fincher thing where a director is using the budget mainly for "style" than "production value" like action, CGI, or anything superficially "big." IE, Dragon Tattoo should cost half what it does.

-Vader

how could you say something so hurtful
i'd rather filmmakers put resources into shit like this than splosions any day of the month

Seriously? This is how they are promoting the film? :blank:

Forum Pro
Law
What's the issue?

EDIT: nvm watched it that's definitely ridiculous

"Gina Gershon over here trying to extend her moment" :lol:

The social media campaign has been pretty clever so far though. IDK if I'm feeling the Billy on The Street marketing and I love Billy on the Street

I love Billy on the Street

Its IMDB rating is already suffering from 1/10 from you-know-who-I-m-talking-about.
In November, I will watch Ford v Ferrari, The Irishman, Marriage story and this. September was great with Ad astra and Portrait of a young lady in fire, but November is gonna rock!

Okay so I genuinely loved this a ton and it’s so much fun and you should absolutely see this opening day

I actually stopped watching any promo material for this after the first trailer so I have no clue how reflective of the film the promo material was, but I (well idk kind of spoiler but not really)
expected a much more straight forward and classic who dunnit as in: murder happens, detectives appear, family gets locked inside the house until the crime is solved, fin. But this goes all kinds of random and seeing my expections not be delivered to the screen was part of the fun.
Like okay, I get it, Ruin’s movies are not le cinematic looking, and I agree, because to me, this is one of those genres where strong artistic vision tied into location and atmosphere building is a major major plus and can massively benefit the film, but that’s just Johnson’s movies for you. I think it does visually look a lot better than any other Johnson film I’ve seen, other than The Last Jedi. You don’t end up looking at Knives Out and thinking that film lost something by not being as visually striking as any other director would have probably attempted to flex.

Also the cast is *chef’s kiss*. And Ana de Armas is also chef’s kiss, but she also has that sweet aura around herself that makes you feel like you’re not really watching a character, but her being herself. Also Craig is ridiculous and I wish he did more of these types of roles, because he kills them. (not really spoilers at all)
for some fucking reason the scene where craig’s character just casually rolls by martha’s car and is signalling her to pick up her phone sent me into hysterics and that scene is now permanently ingrained into my brain
All in all this is great pls watch it
also I FUCKING KNEW IT i know the plot is more complicated but like i fucking knew it lmao

Got my ticket for tomorrow night. Going in fully blind. Completely avoided the trailers. Can’t wait.