Green Book (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Bailey's kind of a piece of shit anyway

-Vader
He’s really obnoxious. He acts like people who liked the movie and are defending it are like horrible human beings... it’s like...it’s not that black and white lol. I’m sure plenty of POC general audience wise enjoyed the movie...if not...its audience score wouldn’t be as high as it is.

he repeatedly attacked Scott Derrickson for making tweets that are "too obvious" after the dude's house burned down then got into a flame war over it after Derrickson sub-tweeted Bailey calling him a coward for not tagging him

dudes that are capable of that are not dudes i vibe with

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 5:52 pm
he repeatedly attacked Scott Derrickson for making tweets that are "too obvious" after the dude's house burned down then got into a flame war over it after Derrickson sub-tweeted Bailey calling him a coward for not tagging him

dudes that are capable of that are not dudes i vibe with

-Vader
I remember that...forgot it was Bailey. What a douchebag. Also he does that all the time with calling people out without tagging them. I feel like he does this stuff just to feel better about himself and he’s not even that genuine.

Loved this movie.

So has nobody seen this or what?

I thought it was brilliant. Might be the funniest movie of 2018, and there are some great comedies this year.

Yeah, I am confused why no one is talking about this movie.

Didn't even think this thread existed on this site. Seen it before the controversies started to pick. Enjoyed it and still do even after. Viggo and Ali have great chemistry together. I don't know if I needed a 100% truth type movie for this but knowing that there was only 1 side told in this story bothers me a little bit.

I enjoyed it and dug the performances.

I finally watched this.

It's deadly charming, but its grace leaves the toxic sludge subtext unexamined and non-confronted to patronizing if not offensive extremes.

IE, Tony Lip constantly imposing stereotype after stereotype on Don Shirley, and Shirley eventually conforms to each and every one.

-Vader