Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The writer's "hunch" tells him Bale can't be nominated for best lead? He doesn't really specify why and I truly don't understand. If it's as good as he says there shouldn't be a problem. Plus, there have been no serious contenders this year so far. I assume Phoenix will be a serious contender, Hanks might be in the running, maybe Kaluuya or B. Jordan, and possibly Pitt, Driver, Diehl and Dafoe. But other than maybe Phoenix nobody seems like a lock at this time.

LelekPL wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 4:26 am
The writer's "hunch" tells him Bale can't be nominated for best lead? He doesn't really specify why and I truly don't understand. If it's as good as he says there shouldn't be a problem. Plus, there have been no serious contenders this year so far. I assume Phoenix will be a serious contender, Hanks might be in the running, maybe Kaluuya or B. Jordan, and possibly Pitt, Driver, Diehl and Dafoe. But other than maybe Phoenix nobody seems like a lock at this time.
Phoenix and Driver are in; don’t forget DiCaprio for OUATIH.

If there was any justice McAvoy for Glass should have been a lock as well.

I thought this was a tad too long, and it kinda messes up its ending with a rather unnecessary scene.

I saw this after a heavy night of drinking and I was afraid I'd fall asleep during it, but the race scenes are actually really well directed and quite engaging (great sound design too).

And Bale kills it... of course.

Numbers wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 6:18 pm
I thought this was a tad too long, and it kinda messes up its ending with a rather unnecessary scene.

I saw this after a heavy night of drinking and I was afraid I'd fall asleep during it, but the race scenes are actually really well directed and quite engaging (great sound design too).

How do those compare against Rush?

Pratham wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 5:50 am
Numbers wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 6:18 pm

How do those compare against Rush?
Haven't seen Rush in awhile, but me and my friend came out agreeing that FvF's race scenes were even more adrenaline-fueled. They were really fun to watch, and Bale really sold it too.

Damn.

Ace

This is pretty good, definitely one of the most exciting film I saw this year. Almost didn't notice that it ran for 2.5 hours – it's fitting that a racing film never lost its (scene-by-scene) momentum. Damon and Bale were good, as always.