Apostle (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 11:52 pm
Vader was right
:cry:

I think it’s worth watching, but just don’t expect anything transcendent

I didn't think it was amazing but far from terrible, some good performances and it looked fantastic at times, a mistep maybe after The Raid 1 & 2 but certainly not an excuse to write Evans off just yet.

Though one thing is for sure Dan Stevens was very good in this and he beats all the competition out there in my opinion when it comes to who is going to replace Craig for the next Bond.

Dan Stevens as Bond with Evans directing, I'd love that.

It probably won't happen but if the likes of Cavill or Turner get it over him it will be a travesty and forget Hardy, totally wrong, too old and too short.

Possibly the actual guy isn't even on the radar but Stevens is the one actor who's not a big star yet who I think would fit quite snugly into the tux and brandish the PPK.

Forum Pro
Law
So, sitting on this for two days I wana watch it again. I really dug the lead and Michael Sheen. The location was gorgeous to look at and the very few "fight" scenes were extremely well done.

Law wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 12:50 am
So, sitting on this for two days I wana watch it again. I really dug the lead and Michael Sheen. The location was gorgeous to look at and the very few "fight" scenes were extremely well done.
have you seen the raid movies

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 1:35 am
Law wrote:

-Vader
no :^/

Law wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 10:54 am
Vader182 wrote:
Law wrote:

-Vader
Please do that ASAP.

Law wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 10:54 am
Vader182 wrote:
Law wrote:

-Vader
the fight scenes in this are extremely derivative from Gareth Evans' Raid movies, which look like that style of fighting and visual only times one hundred

-Vader

Haven't seen the Raid series but I thoroughly enjoyed this

prowlercomesaround wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 3:31 pm
Haven't seen the Raid series but I thoroughly enjoyed this
Do it.