Midsommar (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Florence Pugh is set to star in “Hereditary” director Ari Aster’s next film, which A24 is producing.

Pugh broke the news while promoting her new BBC drama “Little Drummer Girl” at this week’s Television Critics Association press tour. Production is currently underway in Budapest.

Following the success of “Hereditary,” which recently became A24’s highest-grossing movie with $70 million worldwide, the studio was quick to sign on to finance and distribute Aster’s next film.

The story centers on a young woman, already dealing with the death of her parents, who joins her boyfriend and his friends on a trip to Sweden, specifically to a remote town with unique midsummer traditions. Things go south from there.
Jack Reynor and Will Poulter are nearing deals to join Florence Pugh in the new horror movie from Hereditary director Ari Aster, sources tell Collider.

Pugh and Reynor will play a couple that travels to Sweden to visit their friend’s rural hometown for it’s fabled mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.

We’ve heard the ensemble will also include Vilhem Blomgren, William Jackson Harper, Ellora Torchia and Archie Madekwe.
http://collider.com/jack-reynor-will-po ... ssion=true

Hereditary is insane, so obviously I’m interested in anything Aster is doing next. Reading the synopsis though, I just hope he doesn’t fall into the trap of rehashing the same ideas, and won’t limit himself with
cult stuff
in the future.

And by the way, I LOVE midsummer lol, it’s one of my favorite times of the year.

Ruth wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 3:02 pm
Hereditary is insane, so obviously I’m interested in anything Aster is doing next. Reading the synopsis though, I just hope he doesn’t fall into the trap of rehashing the same ideas, and won’t limit himself with
cult stuff
in the future.

And by the way, I LOVE midsummer lol, it’s one of my favorite times of the year.
that stuff is completely my shit so I am not opposed.

-Vader

Hereditary was really good, and this cast is intriguing. Totally in, if this movie is around the level of Hereditary, Aster is gonna be the next big thing.

Ace

Fuuuuuuuuck yes :thumbup:

Wasn’t a fan of Hereditary. Didn’t creep me out at all, laughed more (at how dumb it was). And I’ve never been a fan of Colette and her over-acting. But the one thing I’ll give to Hereditary, is the direction. He has potential to develop and that intrigues me.

shauner111 wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 12:59 pm
Wasn’t a fan of Hereditary. Didn’t creep me out at all, laughed more (at how dumb it was). And I’ve never been a fan of Colette and her over-acting. But the one thing I’ll give to Hereditary, is the direction. He has potential to develop and that intrigues me.
Whoa.....

i know i’m going to be so hyped for this. Hereditary was brilliant

I’ve heard really conflicting stuff about the script that leaked some time ago though, varying from “it’s more fucked than hereditary” to some saying it’s bad lol.