Rogue Trooper (Duncan Jones)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace

I would have been really excited for a Duncan Jones comic book movie, I liked Moon and I really dug Source Code, probably more than most. But after Mute, I'm kind of meh about it. If he's doing DC then it's still a step up for them, though, so that's a plus.

Ace
Director Duncan Jones has been teasing on Twitter about directing a comic book movie for a few days now and the final tease pretty much confirms it.
https://twitter.com/manmademoon/status/ ... 04546?s=21
Rogue Trooper is a science fiction strip in the British comic 2000 AD, created by Gerry Finley-Day and Dave Gibbons in 1981. It follows the adventures of Rogue, a "Genetic Infantryman", a genetically created, blue-skinned, manufactured super soldier and his three comrades' search for the Traitor General. His comrades are in the form of biochips – onto which a G.I.'s entire personality is downloaded at the time of death for later retrieval – and are named Gunnar (mounted on Rogue's rifle), Bagman (on his backpack) and Helm (on his helmet). He is genetically engineered to be immune to almost all known toxins, can submerge in strong acid unaffected, and is able to withstand a vacuum in his bare skin.

Woah :shock:

When he said he'd be developing a comic book adaption I instantly thought it be a somewhat left-field character,instantly I thought of Dylan Dog.But Rogue Trooper,sign me up.
2000-AD needs to get abit of love cinematically.

I'm not aware of the source material, and it doesn't help that Jones' last two movies were kinda shitty. It's a pass for now.

2000AD does deserve more cinematic attention. Curious to see how this ends up. Warcraft was a guilty pleasure lol

Still waiting for mah Dredd sequel.
But that won't ever happen :cry: