The Dark Knight is 10 Years Old(ish) Today

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I have so many good memories of seeing this. Prior to this I hardly ever went to movies multiple times but I wound up seeing this 7 times in theaters. It made my summer.

Ruth wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 7:13 pm
I kinda hate my 12 year old self for not pushing friends or family harder to see this in theaters. Only saw this one a year later, which solidified my love for Nolan’s films and film in general, but ultimately I lost out on the cinematic experience.
i'm also in the too young to have seen this in theaters club and i'm super bitter abt it tbh.

The Dark Knight Rises was the only nolan batman film i got to see on the big screen which was also a revelation.

But TDK had the perfect mixture of ambition and tightness of the trilogy and it's one of the most rewatchable films of all time for my money. Right up there with goodfellas.

Batman Forever was my first Batman in cinema but this is different, got my first tatt because of it two years later and I’ve seen it 28-30 times since. I know the movie so well that I haven’t seen it for a good while just to make it feel fresh again in the near future.

Yeah, I was floored. I nearly had a panic attack during the interrogation scene leading up to Rachel’s death it was so intense. I also had no clue what would happen the whole movie.

I was 17 when I watched it for the first time in cinema, and I think I went to see it in theatres three times altogether. I followed the incredible viral marketing up until the release date, the marketing and the hype surrounding the film was something I've never seen before or ever since.

And, to this day, it stays with me as my absolute favorite movie. I've seen it at least 20 times since, I own four different editions of DVDs and Blu-rays of it, I have a painting and a poster on my wall, and I've written my BA Film thesis about Heath Ledger's Joker this year. I still believe that this film has changed Hollywood blockbuster filmmaking, and I also feel that after 10 years, it became a bit underrated. A lot of people simply forgot about it, but I think we never should.

Saw it for the for the first time when I was 12 with my family and I was excited ever since I saw the trailer in front of I Am Legend. It was one of those cinema experiences that I will never forget. It was one of those few times when I anticipated something and it fully met and exceeded my expectations. From beginning to end I was hooked on everything that was going on in the film and it made me start viewing cinema and filmmaking in a different and more complex way than I ever did before.

m4st4 wrote:
July 15th, 2018, 3:03 am
Batman Forever was my first Batman in cinema but this is different, got my first tatt because of it two years later and I’ve seen it 28-30 times since. I know the movie so well that I haven’t seen it for a good while just to make it feel fresh again in the near future.
My first Batman in cinema was Batman & Robin. :blank:

The Taxman wrote:
July 15th, 2018, 2:11 am
Ruth wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 7:13 pm
I kinda hate my 12 year old self for not pushing friends or family harder to see this in theaters. Only saw this one a year later, which solidified my love for Nolan’s films and film in general, but ultimately I lost out on the cinematic experience.
i'm also in the too young to have seen this in theaters club and i'm super bitter abt it tbh.

The Dark Knight Rises was the only nolan batman film i got to see on the big screen which was also a revelation.
Tbh Inception to me is what TDK is to other folks. I remember it so vividly.

Then of course TDKR which also was something else

m4st4 wrote:
*snap*

Loved that film :lol: .Not sure what my opinion of it now would be though.Heck,maybe nostalgia would kick in and I will love it all over again. Unluckily.

DREAMER wrote:
July 15th, 2018, 1:15 pm
m4st4 wrote:
*snap*

Loved that film :lol: .Not sure what my opinion of it now would be though.Heck,maybe nostalgia would kick in and I will love it all over again. Unluckily.
I still like it. Nostalgia, production design, Carrey, my kid chrush Kidman etc. It led to a trash fest that is B&R, which led to Begins, which led to TDK... so it’s all connected. ;)