See (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 8:43 am
Yeah but free subscription tho :P

It's so much more affordable compared to other subscriptions which is great. Even more affordable than DC Universe but with more content.
They had to go that low considering the content they have, ie they obviously don't have the library Netflix, Prime or Disney + have.

Artemis wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 8:43 am
Yeah but free subscription tho :P

It's so much more affordable compared to other subscriptions which is great. Even more affordable than DC Universe but with more and better content.
FTFY

38/100 on metacritic. Lol

The Morning Show is at 57 and Dickinson is at 68 while For All Mankind is at 65.

Apple sinks big.

Not sure why See got such a mixed critical reaction, although judging a show on the first three episodes is a tricky proposition. First episode is rock solid, first things first: some people just won't be able to go past the concept itself, I've seen reviewers calling it silly, it isn't. The world is really interesting and intriguing. Everything made sense to me in terms of how everything and everyone functions.

Visually, it's stunning, the money is there on screen, the locations are glorious, it makes the show stand out in a big way, there are very few entities out there that can deliver those kinds of production values (aside from HBO on GOT, Disney + and I'm sure Amazon when the Middle Earth series shows up).

It's also weird, Sylvia Hoeks delivers a dose of camp but other than that, it's fairly serious, the performances look strong, especially Momoa. I guess you either jump on the train from the first minutes or you don't, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Watched the first two episodes last night. Actually got hooked by the end of ep1. Its got some wonky high concept pitfalls, but I can get past it. Like Jax said, it’s stunning looking. Sylvia Hoeks steals whole thing for me.

The third episode has a fight scene that's one of the best things I've seen in a while. Momoa is a BEAST in this. Such a fascinating show, I'm not seeing what the pitfalls are exactly, the reviews made it sound way different than it is (ie making it sound like the show blows and it does not), everything makes sense within that world imo.

What on earth has happened to Steven Knight. The guy used to be a top notch writer.