Rub & Tug (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 10:21 pm
Numbers wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Artemis wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 11:48 am
Can we as a society cancel Scarlett now? her last good performance was Her anyway.
Nah, not yet at least. ScarJo has done enough good work in the past for her to still get a pass.

I know she's no Robert De Niro, but note that the latter arguably hasn't done anything worthwhile since 2012, and yet we have The Irishman to look forward to. ScarJo can still bounce back.
Bounce back from what? She's a terrible actress and most of her filmography is either a shitty chick flick or a shitty marvel movie. She was never in super highly regarded films the way De Niro was. De Niro had a great partnership with Scorsese. Johansson has a....ummmm.....an old pedophile?
So much wrong with this post it is hilarious. “Shitty marvel movie”no actually good movies unlike DC. Outside of these good marvel movies she’s been in acclaimed work from Spike Jonze, Coen Bros, Sofia Coppalo, Woody Allen and Jonathan Glazer. Next up is Taika Waititti.

^ Exactly.

Numbers wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 7:04 pm
^ Exactly.
Oh and I forgot to mention Christopher fucking Nolan! But yeah she’s only done “bad” (lol) marvel movies and shitty chick flicks! Oh and Wes Anderson.
Last edited by Allstar on July 6th, 2018, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I said most not all. pls read

If you guys want to stan for Scarlett 5eva, that's fine. But this chick is very well aware of the criticism she is getting for this role. Then when the press tour comes around she'll turn it around and talk about how unfairly treated women are in Hollywood and pretty much not even address why the casting is controversial.

She was quick as hell to turn her Ghost in the Shell casting into a "more roles for women is a win for women overall" thing.

She's good at playing a victim when she doesn't need to be.

And sorry for not being easily impressed by her filmography like you guys are. But that's all I will say on this subject. She makes her own messes and then complains about people being mean.

Artemis wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 11:13 pm
I said most not all.
That’s still completely inaccurate. You can dislike Scarlett, find her comments problematic but you’re literally making stuff up... she’s barely done chick flicks. :roll:

Allstar wrote:
July 6th, 2018, 12:10 am
Artemis wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 11:13 pm
I said most not all.
That’s still completely inaccurate. You can dislike Scarlett, find her comments problematic but you’re literally making stuff up... she’s barely done chick flicks. :roll:
Okay boss

18 of her last 20 movies on rotten tomatoes are fresh. That’s a fact. Where are your facts? Name all these so called chick flicks... there might be 1 or 2. :lol: And as for the marvel movies that’s your subjective opinion that is in the completely minority as all are critical and financial successes, several of them massively so.

Imagine being this defensive over Scarlett Johannson.

Artemis wrote:
July 6th, 2018, 12:48 am
Imagine being this defensive over Scarlett Johannson.
lmfao Allstar was just laying down the facts, and the best comeback that you could manage was "okay boss." SAD!