Disney owns 21st Century Fox Entertainment

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 2:53 am
‘To me, my X-Men.’

This is terrible news obviously, but also expected.

What I’m wondering about is R-rated movies, specifically Alien franchise. But like my brother said, it’s not like Alien had good movies after Alien 3. So perhaps they create a division specifically for ‘adult’ audience, call it Fox Something.
What!?

Old Alien and other R-rated properties will most likely land on Hulu, while new films will still be produced by FOX and FOX Searchlight. I doubt they'll go with a new Alien movie in the cinemas considering the failure of Covenant, but they will be banking on known IPs. Possibly creating original mini-series for Hulu as well.

Correction: great, cohesive, wonderfully realized visions start to finish.

Disney refuses to let independent cinemas show films from the 20th Century Fox catalog: https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/ ... sion=true
You might never be able to watch 'Alien' or 'Die Hard' at your local cinema again and struggling theatres might not survive without access to that catalog of films. But Wolverine gets to fight the Hulk, right?

Batfan175 wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:05 pm
Disney refuses to let independent cinemas show films from the 20th Century Fox catalog: https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/ ... sion=true
You might never be able to watch 'Alien' or 'Die Hard' at your local cinema again and struggling theatres might not survive without access to that catalog of films. But Wolverine gets to fight the Hulk, right?

Batfan175 wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:05 pm
So not even your lame jokes are yours? Yikes.

And, if anything, it will be Hulk vs. Ben Grimm aka The Thing.

m4st4 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:54 am

ahem...

i double dog dare disney to do this in live action

Pratham wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 11:02 am
m4st4 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:54 am

ahem...

i double dog dare disney to do this in live action

Edgy

don't worry he'll regenerate

The Thing vs The Hulk would be much more interesting imo but the possibility of seeing that on the big screen sadly does not invalidate the fact that these are only the first of many negative consequences that Disney's ownership of 20th Century Fox will bring.

Batfan175 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 12:46 pm
The Thing vs The Hulk would be much more interesting imo but the possibility of seeing that on the big screen sadly does not invalidate the fact that these are only the first of many negative consequences that Disney's ownership of 20th Century Fox will bring.
Yeah but Hulk smash and Logan snikt and Thing clobberin’ time, bub.