Disney owns 21st Century Fox Entertainment

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They've done more than any studio to normalise these sorts of things. But the fact remains that the mainstream cinema is a business and they have to go step by step.£

How has Disney done more than any other studio to normalize these things? I certainly haven't seen much proof of that in the last 10 years.

You can all lie to yourself and pretend that some stupid superheroes getting together in a movie is going to make this all worth it but once Disney is in a monopoly-like position it will be very difficult to keep them in check.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:04 pm
You can all lie to yourself and pretend that some stupid superheroes getting together in a movie is going to make this all worth it but once Disney is in a monopoly-like position it will be very difficult to keep them in check.
You are a consistent joke of this site. I don’t know what gives you fuel to move on with your parade but if it’s posts like mine, here’s more fuel: you are a joke. Keep running that mill.

Batfan175 wrote:
When Trump invites Thanos to Earth, I'm sacrificing you.

m4st4 wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:10 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
You are a consistent joke of this site. I don’t know what gives you fuel to move on with your parade but if it’s posts like mine, here’s more fuel: you are a joke. Keep running that mill.
Cool story, dude.
Cilogy wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:18 pm
That's nice, especially since Bob Iger, CEO of the Disney Company, was seemingly ok with a lot of Trump's antics until he withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement. Like, really? That's what made him quit the White House advisory council instead of the blatant racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc. that Trump displayed even before he got elected? Cool story, bro. Why would I want that guy's company to own everything in the culture? But hey, Disney has made films with inclusive themes in them that I like so that makes everything the company does ok I guess...Disney stinks and its corporate behaviour has always been awful but they created an animated mouse I like so that makes it ok I guess...

You are NOT going to get a Dark Knight type of super hero movies from Disney. As much as I hated Singer. I have to give him credit for creating one of the best superhero movie in X2 X-Men United and X-Men: Days of Future Past. As least there is consequences in these movies that you care about the characters. As for Disney. People are getting kill left and right and there's hardly any consequences. Hey, lets go have some shawarma. Almost very freaking Marvel movies been forgettable. Cool actions but a forgettable movie. At least the Russo brother got most of Captain America right.

Disney also turn the last 4 new Star Wars into another forgettable mess if that haven't told you anything. They are freaking afraid of doing something new. They are still following the same boring SAFE formula to make a mediocre story but with good actions that will just make money.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 6:07 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:10 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
Cool story, dude.
Cilogy wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:18 pm
That's nice, especially since Bob Iger, CEO of the Disney Company, was seemingly ok with a lot of Trump's antics until he withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement. Like, really? That's what made him quit the White House advisory council instead of the blatant racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc. that Trump displayed even before he got elected? Cool story, bro. Why would I want that guy's company to own everything in the culture? But hey, Disney has made films with inclusive themes in them that I like so that makes everything the company does ok I guess...Disney stinks and its corporate behaviour has always been awful but they created an animated mouse I like so that makes it ok I guess...
When the world freezes over due to climate change I'm using your body as warmth.

Imagine Batfan in real life.

m4st4 wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 1:37 pm
Imagine Batfan in real life.
this is just cold wtf