CBS' The Nanny (1993-1999)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fran Drescher, the titular star of CBS' hit sitcom The Nanny (1993-1999) teases a revival.

It’s been 25 years since “The Nanny” premiered on CBS, and just in time to mark that anniversary, star Fran Drescher is teasing a revival of the classic sitcom.

“We’re talking about it. Peter and I are talking about it,” Drescher told Entertainment Tonight. Peter Marc Jacob, who co-created the sitcom with her, is also her ex-husband and collaborator.

“We’re working on a very big project,” she added. “It’s going to be very exciting for the fans, but I’m not at liberty to announce it yet. But it’s gonna be big.”
If a revival were to get greenlit, Drescher said that her character would’ve become more involved in social issues over the past 20 years.

“She would’ve maybe gotten involved in more things [that] Fran Drescher is involved with,” she said. “All kinds of things from environmental issues, to health, to civil liberties, that’s what I think Fran would be doing now– opening her big Queens mouth for the greater good.”Drescher added, “The thing is our show would be the same characters 20 years later. We can’t just pick up where we left off. But in a way, that could be really good because the show can have a whole fresh bend to it.”

“The Nanny” ran for six seasons between 1993 and 1999 and was loosely based on Drescher’s personal life. It followed Fran Fine, a nanny to three children of millionaire British Broadway producer Maxwell Sheffield (Charles Shaughnessy). Daniel Davis, Lauren Lane, Madeline Zima, Benjamin Salisbury and Nicholle Tom also starred.

Drescher said she’s still “waiting to get the call.”

A spokesperson for CBS has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.
I'm all for a return. I loved The Nanny. Of course, it would be best for it not to become too political like Will & Grace' revival... Which I think has become unwatchable.

https://www.thewrap.com/fran-drescher-t ... -about-it/