1917 (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader was making a very different point, then people stepped in and made this into the classic "Nolan fans can't stand anything being compared or preferred to a Nolan film".

It's just annoying at this point. Yes we all love Nolan, but eventually directors and films will come along that will be influenced by his films and maybe even be better than his films. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.

At this point I'm also over it because my friends joke around with me for being a Nolan fan all the time and it's all in good fun. :lol:

Just worry about what you like at the end of the day.

idk i saw the trailer for this in theaters last night and it feels like the war movie version of the revenant to me. this is a bad thing

i’m probably totally wrong though!

Agree with Virgo, Vader was fair. Everyone else being petty.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 6:53 am
idk i saw the trailer for this in theaters last night and it feels like the war movie version of the revenant to me. this is a bad thing
:roll:

Allstar wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 10:45 am
Michaelf2225 wrote:
i’m more than willing to eat my words i’m just getting serious “long takes look cool!” vibes

at this point i'm convinced Mendes' Chris Nolan jerk off shrine puts mine to shame

ChristNolan wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 11:07 am
at this point i'm convinced Mendes' Chris Nolan jerk off shrine puts mine to shame
This

Allstar wrote:
Everyone else being petty.
TIL comparing and discrediting a kind of click-bait opinion is being petty.

You're acted like people lost their minds over this being compared to Dunkirk after you made a post of someone directly comparing the two and people responded. Commenting on a post saying their reasoning behind their opinion is not being "pressed." I honestly dgaf if people like something more than something else usually unless their opinion is faulty or is the same thing recycled over and over. I was agreeing with Vader's point.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 11:05 am
Allstar wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
i’m more than willing to eat my words i’m just getting serious “long takes look cool!” vibes
I was more just referring to your Revenant shade tbh. I adore that movie, don’t care what anyone says!

Ace