Untitled Game of Thrones Prequel (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 5:00 pm
lol Aegon's conquest would be a bit too similar to Daenerys coming to Westeros with three dragons
Not if Aegon taking over Westeros and sparring with his sisters after taking control was the bulk of the entire show's run,
instead of only being a season and half with Daenerys actually being in Westeros
. But I think the Doom of Valaryia being the best way to go to make it stand out.
Last edited by Nomis on July 12th, 2019, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

...what would a doom of valeria show actually look like? squabbling houses and melodrama and at the end they're all nuked out of existence.

I'm not sure it would be very compelling as present-tense drama. It could be done, but doing it well would be really hard.

-Vader

Ace
Game Of Thrones’ Prequel Pilot Starring Naomi Watts Not Going Forward At HBO
Showrunner Goldman has been emailing the cast and crew of the project to tell them that the pilot is dead, we hear. The development has not been confirmed by HBO.

The prequel, created by the Kingsman scribe and George R. R. Martin, takes places thousands of years before the wars, romances and dragons of the Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington-led GoT that wrapped up its blockbuster eight season run earlier this year. Weaving in issues of race, power, intrigue and White Walkers, the Goldman-run prequel was given the green light back in June of 2018.

Word of the pilot, penned by Goldman and directed by S.J. Clarkson, not going forward comes after a lengthy post-production and rumors about issues during filming in Northern Ireland.
https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of-t ... 71609/amp/

See, now unlike the Benioff and Weiss news, this is indeed a bit surprising.

I'm also surprised about this

It was rumored that this was shelved a while ago. When HBO ordered the Targaryen prequel pilot.

Well, that sucks. I was intrigued what this could of been, we all know what this other GOT prequel is gonna be, wall-to-wall dragon action.

With the names involved and HBO wanting to continue their money train, I thought that even if the pilot wasn't great, they'd still move forward and let the showrunners retool it like the original GOT series.

This blows.