Untitled Game of Thrones Prequel (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm game particularly because of Goldman.£

Master Virgo wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 4:36 pm
I'm unitiated, what about Goldman makes you game?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 4:38 pm
Master Virgo wrote:

-Vader
She's married to Jonathan Ross.

Vader182 wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:

-Vader
The Debt, Stardust, Kick-Ass, the first Kingsman and First Class mostly. Also The Limehouse Golem was underrated.

Although The Woman in Black was bad, and Miss Peregrine got there quite a bit late into the film.£

Master Virgo wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 5:04 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
The Debt, Stardust, Kick-Ass, the first Kingsman and First Class mostly. Also The Limehouse Golem was underrated.
Pretty much how I feel. I'm especially fond of her collabs with Vaughn.

Watts as the lead, hell fucking yeah

How long is this going to take to get on TV though, I figure quite some years?

Nomis wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 6:33 am
Watts as the lead, hell fucking yeah

How long is this going to take to get on TV though, I figure quite some years?
If they're announcing the casting now in late 2018, could the show air in 2020?

That would be so soon after Game of Thrones.

Ace
'Game of Thrones' prequel announces diverse full cast, female director
https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/08/game-of-th ... ssion=true
“Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.”

First up is the director. After a long search, British director S.J. Clarkson has been tapped for the show’s pilot. Clarkson most recently directed and produced the BBC/Netflix production Collateral and she’s directed episodes of Orange Is the New Black, Dexter, Bates Motel,and the pilot for Jessica Jones. Clarkson has also been announced as directing the next big-screen Star Trek film. She joins the prequel’s previously announced showrunner Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class) in crafting the first episode, which will be shot later this year.

As for the cast, Naomi Watts was previously announced to lead the series as “a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.” Interestingly, women have also been cast in the project’s next two largest roles as well. None of the new roles have descriptions, however, and the show does not yet have an official title (author and co-creator of the series George R.R. Martin has lobbied for The Long Night).

Naomi Ackie: British actress with a leading upcoming role in Star Wars: Episode IX, and received accolades for her debut film role in 2017’s Lady Macbeth. She was also in the film Yardie and the Channel 4 series The Bisexual.

Denise Gough: Irish stage actress who won raves for starring in the plays People Places and Things and Angels in America, and was recently in the film Colette playing trans-gender pioneer Marquise de Belbeuf.

Jamie Campbell Bower: British actor and musician whose credits include The Twilight Saga, Starz’ Camelot, and Tim Burton’s Sweeney Todd.

Shella Atim: Award-winning British stage actress who was a series regular in Hulu’s Harlots.

Ivanno Jeremiah: Britsh actor whose credits include AMC’s Humans, Netflix’s Black Mirror,and stars in the upcoming film The Flood.

Georgie Henley: Best known for playing Lucy in Disney’s Narnia films, she’s also in an upcoming Starz limited series The Spanish Princess.

Alex Sharp: British stage actor who landed the lead in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and appeared in How to Talk to Girls at Parties.

Toby Regbo: Credits include The CW’s Reign, Netflix’s The Last Kingdom and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Actor Josh Whitehouse has also been previously announced as in the cast.